PDA

View Full Version : 1750 pts Tau

Shadowseer
09-02-2009, 07:09 AM
Yer so this is my list i been working on for the past month tweaking it so it's close to perfect.

HQ

shas'el
position relay,T-L missles pods, iridium armour,h.w. drone controller,shield drone
113pts

Elite

xv8 crisis team(x3)
plasma rifle, missle pods, multi tracker, shield drones(x2), h.w. drone controller, team leader
221pts

xv8 crisis team(x3)
t-l flamers,missle pods,team leader,h.w. drone controller,shield drones(x2)
164pts

Troops

fire warriors(x10)
team leader, devilfish, disruption pods, multi tracker
200pts

fire warriors(x10)
team leader, devilfish, disruption pods, multi tracker
200pts

fire warriors(x10)
team leader
110pts

Kroot(x15)
Kroot shaper
126pts

Fast Attack

path finders(x8)
devil fish, multi tracker, disruption pods

Piranha(x1)
fusion blaster,targeting array,disruption pods

Heavy Support

Broadside team(x2)
team leader, target lcok, advanced stablisation system, h.w. drone controller, shield drones(x2)

Hammerhead
Railgun,burst cannons, multi tracker, disruption pods

Total points: 1750pts

hope you like it

dmcgr19800
09-02-2009, 01:01 PM
I would cut the foot fire warrior squad, the shaper, and add more crisis suits.

Shadowseer
09-02-2009, 01:38 PM
the foot warriors use teh devil from the path finders

karandras
09-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Super balanced and well themed. I just started playing Tau, but have 15+ years in the hobby. I like kroot hounds. They give a huge boost to the kroot in assault. I would maybe drop a few kroot in order to add 4 or 5 hounds, keeping the unit strength at 15.

Chumbalaya
09-02-2009, 09:57 PM
2 FW squads is probably all you need, more Kroot and Hounds would be handy.

I'd also lose a lot of that gear on your Shas and suits, keep them cheap and get more.

The single Hammerhead is kinda worrying too, he could use a buddy.

Timbo
09-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Flechette dischargers is a pretty sweet vehicle upgrade too. It means certain units (IG, Ork Boyz, Gaunts, etc.) just can't assault your vehicles. Not bad for 10 points.

jpwyrm
09-03-2009, 02:17 PM
I would consider getting another pathfinder squad. Markerlight can get a whole army running (assuming it is not fearless). Pirhana are nice but are quite expensive for what they can do. You could get another Crisis all kitted-out for tank hunting that DS right next to its target for the same price.

Hammerhead are also a bit of a bullet magnet. Might want to try some SMS on the fish and concentrate on pushing your opponent of the table with Morale tests.

Just a thought ;-)

michael8
09-03-2009, 02:36 PM
To shave some points for other goodies you should cut the FW squads down to 6 a piece, since they will be hanging out in the fish anyways. That is about 120 points extra for you. You could add in another squad of suits for that cost, albeit trimmed down suits. Twin linked missile pods come to mind with targeting arrays, you will rarely miss in that case. They are cheap, and can serve just about any role. I dont know about the cost there though, those may not fit under 120 points, but should be close.

I also suggest SMS on all the devilfish, they are golden IMO. Shooting without LOS is kinda unnerving to an opponent in my experience. Also your FW can stay in the fish to wait for late game objective grabs without worrying about losing the squad, and still getting serious firepower from your 'fish.

Those are my 2 cents!