PDA

View Full Version : DaBoyz GT October 2-4 Rochester, NY

MajorSoB
09-02-2009, 07:55 AM
This is our third annual GT style 40K event. So far we have secured over $1000 in prizes. The event consists of 5 games over a two day period, with comp, painting and sportmanship scores added to battle points. This event has been well attended both prior years we have hosted it, and this year is no exception with over 40 spots already confirmed. We are capable of hosting up to 100 but get you tickets early! Ticket prices are now $30. More info can be found at this link:

Info (http://www.daboyzgt.com/40k_Daboyzgt09.HTM)

Tickets (http://www.eventbrite.com/event/383658533)

MajorSoB
09-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Update:

As of today we have 55 paid spots and over $2000 in prizes. Don't miss out!

Prometheus
09-15-2009, 12:52 AM
I am already signed up as are my roomates. A bunch of friends from Syracuse (I'm from Ahmerst) are also coming as well as at least one from Rochester. This is going to be sweet.

I cann't wait. You guys doing any other large scale tournaments anytime after this one, not GT persay but just good large tournies? We try to do them in Ahmerst but our hobby shop isn't that large so I have tons of ideas for speciality tournaments and no where to have them. If you guys ever need ideas just ask.

MajorSoB
09-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Glad to hear that you are coming. I just talked with several of the other people running the tourney and things are in place. This is our third year and participation is the best its ever been. I hope you will enjoy the weekend.

Prometheus
10-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Just got back from the event. Two days of awesome gaming. I lost every single game (in my own defense I kinda tied a few, but lost by one or two torunament points) and still had fun. Deffinetly going to have to make the trip to Rochester more often. Looking forward to next year.

MajorSoB
10-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Thank you very much to all our sponsors and to everyone who attended. We ended up with 64 paid attendees that helped divide up over $2000 of prizes purchased and also donated by Games Workshop, Gale Force 9, Battle Foam, Blue Table Painting, Bill Kim, Dictator Games, Boldo's Armory and Millennium Games just to name a few. Thank you for everyone who made the event an overwhelming success. It says something when someone who lost most of his games comes here and tells you what fun he had. We auctioned off a ton of merchandise and awarded people who tried but fell short, as well as your standard tournament places. Personally I had 5 great games against fantastic competition, 12 hrs of sleep over 3 days and I cant wait to do it again next year!

Again, thank you to all!!!!