PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Marine vehicles and Imperial formations

gwensdad
09-02-2009, 08:26 AM
We've got a player who insists that Chaos Space Marines can take any vehicle available to Imperial Space Marines and that Chaos Space Marines can also use any apocalypse formation that regular Space Marines may use. Is there anyplace where that is actually stated or is he (dare I say it?) cheating?

(of course, if they can, that means that Tzeentch Razorback I made back in 2nd can be used)

Schnitzel
09-02-2009, 09:14 AM
No. And um... No.
They should be able to. Not all Chaos Marines are from the Horus Heresy times... Some warbands are recent converts and have everything a normal C:SM chapter would have.
But oh well...

Culven
09-02-2009, 10:09 AM
I assume that you are dicussing this within the context of Apocalypse. in that case, yes. Any datasheet available to an Imperial force may be used by a Chaos force (Baneblades, Masters of the Chapter, etc.). This is mentioned somewhere in the Apocalypse book, but I do not have mine to hand to provide a page reference. It may have been on the introducory page of the Imperial Forces datasheets.

WereWolf_nr
09-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Seconded, however I also do not have the book handy.

zenjah
09-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Hidden on page 117 of the Apoc rulebook it is written:

"Remember that thanks to the freedom of Apocalypse battles, Chaos players can use traitor versions of any of the Imperial datasheets. For example, it is entirely appropriate to field Chaos Line Breaker squadrons, Renegade Baneblades, or Traitor Artillery Batteries."

But it need not even have been written, because there are no rules restricting the composition of your army at all. In Apocalypse your "Chaos" army can have Imperial stuff, Eldar stuff, and Necron stuff all in the same force. There are no limits on mixing different armies in Apoc.