PDA

View Full Version : Traitor Guard Build - 1850

relasine
09-02-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm currently working on a buildup for my Traitor Guard to complement my Red Corsairs. The guard is organized into three components: a scouting and infiltration section, a mechanized air cavalry section, and an armored section. Here it is:

HQ -
Company Command Squad - 213
> Command Squad - Camo Cloaks, Medi-Pack, Regimental Standard, 2x Plasma Guns, 2x Bodyguard, Astropath
> Heavy Weapons Team - Lascannon

Troops -
Veteran Squad- 151
> Forward Sentries, 3x Plasma Guns

Veteran Squad - 151
> Forward Sentries, 3x Plasma Guns

Veteran Squad - 130
>Grenadiers, 3x Meltaguns

Veteran Squad - 130
>Grenadiers, 3x Meltaguns

Fast Attack -
Scout Sentinel Squadron - 120
>3x Scout Sentinels, Autocannons

Scout Sentinel Squadron - 120
>3x Scout Sentinels, Autocannons

Valkyrie Assault Carrier Squadron - 465
>3x Valkyries, Lascannon, Rocket Pods, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Heavy Support -
Leman Russ Squadron - 185
>Leman Russ Battle Tank, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Leman Russ Squadron - 185
>Leman Russ Battle Tank, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

The Command Squad and Camo-Vets act as place holders in and around the deployment zone, holing up in cover from turn one. The Grenadiers are my air cav, deploying in the Valkyries and hunting tanks. The Sentinels are my anti-transport option that have the choice of outflanking or simply scouting forward depending on the scenario. The Valkyries themselves are anti-horde with their many, many shots (I'm considering dropping their Lascannons back to Multilasers). The LRBT do what they do. Thoughts? I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to guard, so you don't have to wear kid gloves.

mountaincycle661
09-03-2009, 05:46 PM
the first thing i noticed that was kind of odd here was your command squad. It has a regimental standard. The problem with this is that the elements of your army are either armored, going to be far far away from your standard (by either infiltrating or flying around in valks), or both! your command squad wont really do much from way back there, and they cant hold an objective either.

Ive learned that the way to run a Command squad is either gun-line support, issuing orders left and right from behind LOS terrain. OR treat them as a kick *** veteran squad...access to lots of melta/plas/flamers etc and throw them in a valk or chimera (chimeras get you those heave weapons you seem to be so fond of hehe)

If this command section turns out to not really fit in anywhere, just do what i do! Super cheap psyker lord with a whole mob of psyker battle squad friends. They're great for putting out LOTS of high strength fire with 24-26 inch range and can do it from inside a chimera!

By the way, im playing/building a tzeentchian/psyker based renegade army! Chaos cultist IG for the win!!

entendre_entendre
09-06-2009, 07:51 PM
always nice to see another traitor guard army out there :)
i have 2 questions: 1) what are you planning to do w/ the third Valk? it doesn't seem to be transporting anything. 2) are the LRBT's w/ hull lascannons? b/c if not they're 170pts. just thought i'd point that out.

relasine
09-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the comments here. I've redesigned the list a bit:

HQ -
Company Command Squad - 195
>4x Plasma Guns, Astropath, Chimera w/ Hull Heavy Flamer

ELITE -
Guardsman Marbo - 65

TROOPS -
Infantry Platoon - 335
Platoon Command Squad
>3x Flamers, Heavy Flamer, Chimera w/ Hull Heavy Flamer
Infantry Squad
>Grenade Launcher, Autocannon, Chimera w/ Hull Heavy Flamer
Infantry Squad
>Grenade Launcher, Autocannon, Chimera w/ Hull Heavy Flamer

Veteran Squad - 100
>3x Meltaguns

Veteran Squad - 100
>3x Meltaguns

FAST ATTACK -
Valkyrie Carrier Assault Squadron - 130
>1x Valkyrie w/ Missile Pods

Valkyrie Carrier Assault Squadron - 130
>1x Valkyrie w/ Missile Pods

Scout Sentinel Squadron - 105
> 3x Scout Sentinels

HEAVY SUPPORT -
Leman Russ Squadron - 195
>1x Leman Russ Demolisher w/ Hull Heavy Flamer, Multi-melta Sponsons

Leman Russ Squadron - 195
>1x Leman Russ Demolisher w/ Hull Heavy Flamer, Multi-melta Sponsons

Leman Russ Squadron - 300
>2x Leman Russ Battle Tank w/ Hull Heavy Bolters

The CCS is my anti-heavy infantry and light vehicle fire base. Marbo is pure disruption. Veterans go in the Valkyries and are anti-tank. he PCS is close-range, anti-infantry. The Infantry Squads can go after light armor or infantry. The Sentinels outflank and go after rear/side armor and/or transports. Valkyries go after infantry. The Russes do what they do.