PDA

View Full Version : FAQ updates

quinn
05-09-2011, 02:18 PM
I thought this would be up here already, but it wasn't, so here goes.
BRB updated: Quite a few changes and most of them seem to be reasonable.
O&G: First FAQ/Errata released
WoC: Just one FAQ about Giants, although some other questions are answered in the BRB FAQ.
I'm sure there are more, but this is as far as I got.

The BRB ones are pretty significant and you definitely need to read them.

celestialatc
05-18-2011, 08:49 PM
I just read the BRB FAQ and this blew my mind:

Q: Does a To Wound roll of a 1 always fail to Wound? (p42, 51)
A: No. Though it is very rare for a model to be able to Wound
on a 1+

Under what circumstances can you succeed with wounds always hitting? Even if you roll a one...

Wildeybeast
05-19-2011, 10:38 AM
This will virtually never happen since a S10 creature still wounds a T1 creature on a 2+. Its only if you bring some sort of modifier into this already unlikely situation. I don't think there is actually anything in the game which is T1 so there would probably have to be unusual circumstances to get you to that point in the first place.

Albavar
05-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Isn't there a sword that gives +1 to wound in one of the army books or on a special character? I can't remember where but the back of my mind keeps thinking so.

quinn
05-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Actually, this is happening quite often. I use Fire magic a lot with my WoC and this new FAQ has allowed the following:

Cast Flaming Sword of Rhuin on a unit of Chaos Knights, Warriors with Halberds, anything St 5 or higher. The spell gives you +1 to wound, so against any T3 models you'll be wounding on 1s if you are St 5.

novatomato
05-19-2011, 01:48 PM
White Lions with the Flaming sword of Ruin are wounding T4 on 1+ I believe. Which is just gross.

celestialatc
05-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Well I think I will have to start running with a fire wizard and get this going on my knights!

Actually, this is happening quite often. I use Fire magic a lot with my WoC and this new FAQ has allowed the following:

Cast Flaming Sword of Rhuin on a unit of Chaos Knights, Warriors with Halberds, anything St 5 or higher. The spell gives you +1 to wound, so against any T3 models you'll be wounding on 1s if you are St 5.