PDA

View Full Version : WarGamesCon 2011 - Narrative Track

Bigred
05-11-2011, 03:24 PM
OK gang,

I'm running the narrative track with some fine assistants again this year and wanted to give you guys a heads up, so you can think about what to bring, and come with the right mix of models and fun-loving attitude.

So first off, what is the Narrative Track NOT about? Its not about WAAC, no hold's barred cutthroat play. If that's your thing, we have a few hundred gamers in the main hall just 20 feet over from us doing that all weekend, so help yourself.

We narrative players are all about kicking back, have a great time, and just enjoying the non-competitive spectacle based side of the hobby. We get up later than the tourney guys, and play a bit more casually, (leaving more time for fun, and eating/drinking)!

This year we are running an Armageddon and a Badab Track.

Each track will have 4 Apocalypse games, portraying some of the famous battles and moments from those campaigns. We will play 3 shorter Apoc games for each track the first day, and a single super-large game the second day.

Here is the basic rundown of the tracks and the armies that would fit:

Badab: Bring your Marines! If you have an actual Badab chapter, bring it, and you IG guys are welcome as well. Tyrant's Legion and the other Badab lists from IA 9-10 are allowed. The occasional CSM player wouldn't be out of place either.

Armageddon: Game 1 is the first war for Armageddon, so that means GreyKnights/Daemons are the stars. The later games will be Imperium vs the Orks. We want to see a lot of Orks, so if you have greenskin buddies, drag em along.

As usual with Narrative, we will accomodate any player who shows up with an army and wants to have a great time. We can shoehorn in any xenos players as needed, so no worries.

So, its sound off time. Who's bringing what, and start to think about what track you want to be part of. The Fly Lords of Terra club out of Austin will have our usual tables chock full of titans, flyers, and superheavies, so we can balance out the sides as needed.

rabscutle
05-12-2011, 08:58 AM
So totally excited!

My Boyz will be ready to get crunkin... more and more Deff Skulls. Since I'm in town I'm going to bring everything I have to make sure the Green Skins are properly represented in the battles for Armageddon!

This can't get here soon enough :)

I'll have with me everything I brought last year... as well as my new toys... a Mega Kustom Battle Fortress, two Kill Krushas, a Meka Dread and a couple of Battle Wagons... along with another Mek Boy Junka that will surely garner some ire or cheers... not sure which.

I.AM.GIDDY.

Lord Castellan
05-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Im so tempted to bring my Templar as they should be there for Armageddon, but ive already got my GT ticket.

Perhaps next year

Beamo
05-13-2011, 07:39 AM
My wolves will be there for Armageddon.

Honda
05-16-2011, 07:42 PM
I am planning on bringing IA8 Elysians. I'm not sure if the Ely's were at Armageddon or not, but that would seem to be a better fit than Badab.

Does that sound Ok with you?

Cheers,

Bigred
05-21-2011, 03:05 PM
I expect the skies over Armageddon to be busy. There is a small Orky air force under construction, to duel with our Imperial flyers.

RandomX
05-21-2011, 04:56 PM
I can field probably around 8 to 9k of fully painted Templar, as seen last year in the Narrative. I am trying to break 40 Terminators of various flavors, and I will be bringing Grimaldus and Helbrecht as well. Plus all of the other Templar insanity that I have.

You guys can use whatever I have, whatever you need for the Armageddon games.

I am stoked that my Templar will get to be used for BfA. I played them in the first campaign as well (not these models, but I do have some that were stripped and repained from back then.) I have played Templar since '99.

I can't wait to roll dice with everyone!

I am going to bringing a couple of cases of Black Ale for us Imperial players that I am brewing up this coming weekend!

What kind of points are we looking at per game, per person?

Beamo
05-23-2011, 09:15 PM
I've got a question for you BigRed:

Assuming I stay within the same codex, can I bring a different army list from one game to the next?

Honda
06-11-2011, 06:07 AM
Do we need to bring objectives?

rabscutle
06-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Do we need to bring objectives?

They aren't necessarily "needed" as there will be WGC markers we can use, but creative and pretty objectives are always far better when it comes to pictures.

That, and since the whole idea with Narrative is to be creative and show off your hobby skills, self made and painted objectives would be a great addition to any army.

rabscutle
06-17-2011, 11:19 AM
I've got a question for you BigRed:

Assuming I stay within the same codex, can I bring a different army list from one game to the next?

Per BigRed: "Yes"

Ferro
06-30-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm bringing Red Scorpions to the Badab campaign. Haven't had as much time to work on them as I'd like, but it's looking pretty good. I think I can get 3000pts fully painted, or near enough.

OdinStormfist
07-01-2011, 10:57 PM
I am sorry it took me so long to read this.

Hmmm I can have my Celestial Lions there for Armageddon. Since Armageddon is where the Celestial Lions get annihilated.

Crap means I need to buy a different ticket.

Honda
07-12-2011, 06:40 AM
I just want to say a big thanx to everyone that was on the Armageddon track. Once again, we had a great blend of personalities and awesome looking armies, to make this a truly memorable event.

Regarding next year's tracks, I know that a number of ideas were kicked around as possibilities and I'd like to comment on them:

1. Dornian Heresy could be an extremely interesting possibility, but their are no codexes to support some of the more interesting choices. Given the nature of the game, I seriously doubt that a balanced effort necessary to support a large scale set of games will be available by next year.

So although I would love to see the DH played, I would have to vote against it at this time.

2. Kastorel-Novem: I know why Rabscutle wants this track...it's where his Orks get revenge on the Elysians. It could be interesting, but historically, is pretty much a butt whipping by one side on the other.

3. Vraks: There ought to be a fair number of Grey Knights armies to supplement Krieg, Guard, etc. We might consider focusing on the third book so that there's a reason to have the GK around the entire narrative set.

4. Pre-Heresy: Always a winner and it would seem that the basic campaign track ought to work, even though the army lists might need touching up.

5. Badab: It sure looked like it worked this year, so that is a possibility

6. IA11: This is a dark horse, though it would be pretty interesting to see tons (metric or otherwise) of Dark Eldar and Eldar on the table.

Anyway, thanx for the wonderful experience and I look forward to next year.

Cheers,

Honda

Beamo
07-12-2011, 03:22 PM
At this juncture, I'll play whatever, honestly.

Whether I bring wolves or thousand sons depends on what gets decided, and what I have time to make.

KINGS
07-12-2011, 07:52 PM
had an awesome time on the Badab table. I had to cut out early so didnt get to see who won!?!?! not that it matteres lol. Also has anyone posted pics of the apoc games? either here or on their own blogs? thanks

rabscutle
07-13-2011, 12:37 PM
I posted all the photos I took on my blog... www.hatetoad.com