PDA

View Full Version : The Nerdiest Conversation You've Ever Heard

Brass Scorpion
05-17-2011, 01:14 PM
I see conversations like this on the forum all the time about Warhammer and other things and hear them in game stores regularly as well. Look at the "Thor and WH40K" thread and you'll see a perfect example. Now's a chance for people who engage in that sort of thing to hear what they sound like to other people. It ain't pretty, but it is humorous.
Eric Shanks secretly recorded his coworkers discussing Battlestar Galactica. Then he animated it.

I don't know what's geekier: arguing about the superpowers of science fiction characters or animating an argument about the superpowers of science fiction characters. Hear it at:
http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/2011/05/17/the-nerdiest-conversation-youve-ever-heard/

Necron2.0
05-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Actually, the nerdiest conversation I've ever heard was an argument between a Java programmer and a software engineer over whether or not Java was merely the illegitimate, red-headed step child of C/C++.

Farseer Uthiliesh
05-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Arguing about atheism and Christianity ;) hehe

wittdooley
05-18-2011, 07:41 AM

Yeah, but if you argue about those made up stories you get to be called a Theologian. We just get stuck with an unfortunate social label. :D

Necron2.0
05-18-2011, 10:17 AM

Arguing perceptions of truth, and the meaning of faith, as defined by books, be they the Bible, the Bhagavad Gita, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance or the Origin of Species. ;)

Drew da Destroya
05-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Anything that ends up on FNIF tends to be pretty nerdy. And filled with vitriol.

Grailkeeper
05-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Once at a college game club meeting "Vampires can't be Right Wing!!" I didn't hear the conversation properly but it was shouted across the room with such fervant belief, like she genuinly beleived they existed, and were followers of Marx or Engels to a creature.

Psychosplodge
05-18-2011, 03:24 PM
"Vampires can't be Right Wing!!" .

That's about the funniest thing I've heard today,
Did she mistakenly believe vampires sparkle?

Farseer Uthiliesh
05-19-2011, 04:05 AM
yeah, but if you argue about those made up stories you get to be called a theologian. We just get stuck with an unfortunate social label. :d

lol!!

wittdooley
05-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Anything that ends up on FNIF tends to be pretty nerdy. And filled with vitriol.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is FNIF?

Drew da Destroya
05-20-2011, 01:59 PM
http://bloodofkittens.com/dickmove/

Friday Night Internet Fight. Basically, Dethtron takes an argument from one of the big 40k sites, and comments on the various posts. It's a lot funnier than my sentence makes it sound.

eldargal
05-22-2011, 03:11 AM
Neat I have a flattering avatar in the latest FNIF, last one was Billy Bailey wearing a t-shirt with 'This is what a feminist' looks like. Which was incredibly amusing actually, nearly adopted it as my BoLS avatar.:rolleyes: I think Dethtron is pretty hit and miss though, sometimes he is very funny other times not so much.

Farseer Uthiliesh
05-23-2011, 02:40 AM
God yeah, he quoted me! Love the guy!

Necron2.0
05-23-2011, 08:34 PM
What got me laughing was he called me a racist for using the phrase "radical Islamic jackwagon." I didn't know jackwagons were a race. :D

Farseer Uthiliesh
05-24-2011, 02:20 AM
Hahaha that's great!

Drew da Destroya
05-24-2011, 09:47 AM
What got me laughing was he called me a racist for using the phrase "radical Islamic jackwagon." I didn't know jackwagons were a race. :D

lol yeah, they're a distant offshoot of Asshats, I think. Migrated sometime before the continents split up, IIRC.

DarkLink
05-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Neat I have a flattering avatar in the latest FNIF, last one was Billy Bailey wearing a t-shirt with 'This is what a feminist' looks like. Which was incredibly amusing actually, nearly adopted it as my BoLS avatar.:rolleyes: I think Dethtron is pretty hit and miss though, sometimes he is very funny other times not so much.

Heh, guess where I got my new avatar:). Unfortunately, my only quote wasn't anything partiularly interesting.

Drew da Destroya
05-24-2011, 10:36 AM
lol. It is a pretty sweet new avatar.

anal_parsons_project
05-24-2011, 04:33 PM
I hate Deathtron

Necron2.0
05-25-2011, 07:33 AM
lol yeah, they're a distant offshoot of Asshats, I think. Migrated sometime before the continents split up, IIRC.

Hmm. Or maybe they both migrated out of Assrica. :D

Drew da Destroya
05-25-2011, 09:08 AM
Hmm. Or maybe they both migrated out of Assrica. :D

lol... either way, they've sadly spread all across the world, settling down in every major and minor city of note. Also, cities of no note whatsoever.