PDA

View Full Version : PROJECT REBOOT – Codex: Chaos Legions

The Madman
05-20-2011, 05:08 PM
since my last attempt was badly received ( http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=3076), I decided to have a good long think on how I want to go around doing this project the second time. So I made two goals to aid me in this project.

1 – Keep them short and simple
2 – Keep them in character to how the background portrays them

the first one is as it states on the tin, one problem with the previous attempt was the complete desire I had to cram everything into a couple of pages and hope it would work (which many people pointed out, it didn’t). so this time round only the bare necessities are in, no pointless wargear or long winded rules just the most notable units and a few very simple to follow rules that add flavour to the each of the eight legions featured.

The second correlates with the first, it’s all fine and dandy to play an army that has a good set of rules but it would feel off if they didn’t match the fluff point of the army. This one really relates to the Legion Special Rules as these are the rules that will give each chaos legion it’s unique twist (I explained this to myself using ice cream toppings as an example).

think of Codex: Chaos Space marines as vanilla ice cream, the ice cream is pretty good and appeals to the majority’s taste however after a while you’ll get bored of it and wish you had a choice of toppings. This is where Codex: Chaos Legions comes in, this PDF has eight unique toppings to spice it up for those who grow tired of eating “just vanilla”.

Want to outflank the opponent? Choose Alpha Legion.

Want an army of jump infantry? Choose Night Lords.

Want some brutal close combat units? Choose World Eaters.

With eight unique flavours it not only reinvigorates the chaos player but it gives his opponents new challenges to overcome.

Hopefully you’ll all be able to confirm if I’ve succeeded in my attempt with the preview below.

You can download the preview HERE ( http://www.mediafire.com/?fn1szcdjgfj56i4)

This contains the rules to use an Alpha Legion force and includes some background fluff as well as giving you a idea of how the book will be laid out. Missing from the preview is a background section for the legion, artwork (shown with the place holder) and cover page for the section (in likeliness of the 3.5 edition for the cult legions).

if any of you wish to help with this (and any future projects) to send me either a PM or email to the address in the PDF (page 15).

I would like a lot of C&C so that I can improve my work.

CURRENT PROGRESSION
VERSION 0.1 (ALPHA)
Pages - 3

List Progressions
Alpha legion... done. awaiting comments
Iron Warriors... concept
Night Lords...concept
Word Bearers...concept
World Eaters...concept
Death Guard... concept
Emperor's Children...concept
Thousand Sons...concept

added
Page Background

looking to add
inside covers (front and back)
Inside Back and Front Covers.
Fluff (rules come first)
fan art (PM if you want to help or know someone who can)
Modeling and conversion section (the 16 page colour section)
Summery Page