PDA

View Full Version : I need a new video gaming challenge...

sneakyben
05-23-2011, 08:01 AM
I need a new video gaming challenge... and you BoLSkateers are a pretty sensible bunch... so I thought I would ask for some random advice:

I am looking for a good, reasonably long SINGLE PLAYER game for the PS3 to break up my NCAA Football 2011 playing :-)

I really liked Red Faction: Guerilla, assasin's creed and the single player portions of Killzone 3, COD and Battledfield (1+2)

eldargal
05-23-2011, 08:27 AM
Well, not knowing much about your tastes I would hesitate to recommend anything really, but Mass Effect II is available on PS3 and it is, in my opinion, one of the finest games ever produced.

Skragger
05-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Red Dead Redemption.

I picked it up two days ago and I've logged abour 15 hours so far. Its seriously fun. And it has a CoD-BO style zombies mode to boot. Seriously. It's a bout $40CDN retail now.

Its an open sandbox western shooter. Goood f un! Here's a linky pour vous:

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/agegate/ref/?redirect=

Necron2.0
05-23-2011, 09:30 AM
[deleted - wrong thread somehow]

Drew da Destroya
05-23-2011, 12:48 PM
I'd back up Eldargal... Mass Effect 2 is pretty awesome, and I sank a ton of hours into it.

Dragon Age 2 (if it's on PS3) I just beat, and that was very good and long as well.

And if you're looking for a "challenge", then dust off Ninja Gaiden for the NES, unemulated (or at least not using Saved States).

sneakyben
05-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Red Dead Redemption.

I picked it up two days ago and I've logged abour 15 hours so far. Its seriously fun. And it has a CoD-BO style zombies mode to boot. Seriously. It's a bout $40CDN retail now.

Its an open sandbox western shooter. Goood f un! Here's a linky pour vous:

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/agegate/ref/?redirect=

yep, thats awesome too, finished it recently :-) not feeling the zombies though

sneakyben
05-23-2011, 03:32 PM
cheers for the suggestions peoples

DrLove42
05-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Nowadays LA Noire is amazing

Mass Effect over Dragon Age...could never get into DA

And new Red Faction is out in week or 2

Lord Azaghul
06-29-2011, 06:31 AM
Its not for the PS3, but I recently discovered a nice freemium MMO.

Worldoftanks.com

hour of fun in short 3-15min rounds. No story line, no fluff, just tank vs tank, 15 players a side.

Necron2.0
06-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Its not for the PS3, but I recently discovered a nice freemium MMO.

Worldoftanks.com

hour of fun in short 3-15min rounds. No story line, no fluff, just tank vs tank, 15 players a side.

My boss plays WoT. He's got a Russian IS-2. His biggest complaint of the game is his tank is a one-shot-one-kill tank, that (in reality) literally sliced through tanks like a 45 slug through butter, but he's repeated seen his shells bounce off tanks causing no damage at all. He's also not impressed with the algorithms that pare up combatants and he suspects that the game fudges results to favor paying customers. Other than that, he seems to think the game kicks butt.

Lord Azaghul
06-30-2011, 06:25 AM
My boss plays WoT. He's got a Russian IS-2. His biggest complaint of the game is his tank is a one-shot-one-kill tank, that (in reality) literally sliced through tanks like a 45 slug through butter, but he's repeated seen his shells bounce off tanks causing no damage at all. He's also not impressed with the algorithms that pare up combatants and he suspects that the game fudges results to favor paying customers. Other than that, he seems to think the game kicks butt.

Those are the 2 biggest complaints in the game. The match making system is a little messy for the mid level teirs. Which is what results in your being 1 shot vs higher teirs. I like alot of medium and light tanks, so getting shread' will and does happen!

I reciently bought a premium account (for 1 month) and I can tell you the the in game play does not change. My match ups can still be wonky - my in game performance only changes if I don't play so wrecklessly! But win or lose I recieve more credits and xp with a prem account.