PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings Screw Over

archimbald
05-25-2011, 02:05 PM
yes, i am griping and complaining, but, taking into consideration the current price hikes, i still feel hat its unfair to chargean extra £20 for 8 more skeles

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=&prodId=prod1190054a

for the stats

will the rest of battalions etc be the same price???? or i this a half ditch effort to see if it will sell...

BrokenWing
05-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Honestly I don't think it matters. Battalions haven't been worth buying for a really long time. Not just because of their price, but because you just don't get a good selection of models anymore.

lobster-overlord
05-25-2011, 03:11 PM
First, you have to think that the TK battalion has two things going against it. 1. Increase in models 2. Came out at new price point. It came out within the same month as the price increases, so they didn't put it out at the old price, but with the new prices alreadt in mind.

The increase in models would have jumped it from $90 to about 105. then the price hike jumps it from 105 to 120, so it looks like it was a price hike of $30 for the one addition, when in actuality it was more like a $15 hike, and then they smack you with the universal price increases....

Brass Scorpion
05-25-2011, 07:50 PM
This is really part of the price discussion and surely doesn't need its own thread. This has been discussed and is being discussed in other places on the forum and has been for weeks.

Yes, the Tomb Kings Battalion went up in price and there was lots of chatter about it last month when that was first announced. Most of the Battalions and Battle Forces are having their prices adjusted in this latest price hike. You can check all of them at this link:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?pli=1&key=tIytonRUpm6fRkxpIjqcDzQ#gid=0

The price of the individual sets contained in those Battalion sets has gone up a couple times, but the bundles sets that haven't been revised recently have stayed the same price for a few years. So GW is adjusting their price up a bit cutting into the amount of savings you'll get out of them. So if there's one you want soon, get it before May 28 to maximize your discount. They will still have price breaks over buying what is in them separately after May 28, but it will be a smaller price break.