PDA

View Full Version : a few general questions...

Xas
05-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Hey!

Atm I'm getting into warhammer and building my 4k+ lizardmen army. Now I've run into a few questions I feel need input from more experienced palyers.

A) Can you take your special save (the 2+ for beeing in a unit) for charackters against pit of shades or the purple sun?

B) is there anything stopping the lore of shadow's movement spell from affecting mounted charackters (as on hourses/monsters)?

C) What happens when a slan is affected by a hex-scroll? I mean he IS a frog to begin with... O_o

BrokenWing
05-30-2011, 04:42 PM
a. Not so far as I am aware.

b. See above.

c. He turns into a smaller frog with no spellcasting ability?

Chronowraith
05-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Hey!

Atm I'm getting into warhammer and building my 4k+ lizardmen army. Now I've run into a few questions I feel need input from more experienced palyers.

A) Can you take your special save (the 2+ for beeing in a unit) for charackters against pit of shades or the purple sun?

B) is there anything stopping the lore of shadow's movement spell from affecting mounted charackters (as on hourses/monsters)?

C) What happens when a slan is affected by a hex-scroll? I mean he IS a frog to begin with... O_o

Actually, in this case the character model does get the "Look Out Sir" roll. "Look Out Sir!" is NOT a save. That being said, the "Look Out Sir!" roll is made prior to any initiative tests.

As for the other two questions, I am in agreement with BrokenWing on both.

BrokenWing
05-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Ah. That debate came up in last week's tournament. I wasn't participating but didn't really know for sure and just sort of went back to gluing my models. Good to know though.

Xas
05-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Actually, in this case the character model does get the "Look Out Sir" roll. "Look Out Sir!" is NOT a save. That being said, the "Look Out Sir!" roll is made prior to any initiative tests.

As for the other two questions, I am in agreement with BrokenWing on both.

so for a charackter to risk failing a intitiative test you'd first roll a 1 on your Look Out Sir! roll as with a common cannonball?

and I can spell-sling my carnosaur/stegadon (with hero ontop) 20" over the battlefield?

Chronowraith
05-31-2011, 05:18 PM
so for a charackter to risk failing a intitiative test you'd first roll a 1 on your Look Out Sir! roll as with a common cannonball?

and I can spell-sling my carnosaur/stegadon (with hero ontop) 20" over the battlefield?

Correct. You'd make your "Look Out Sir!" roll first and then, if you were unlucky enough to roll a 1, you'd make an initiative test for your character.

Going with Rules as Written, yes you can cast Steed of Shadows on your Character and his/her Stegadon/Carnosaur mount. One could argue if either counted as a monstrous mount that the character benefits from this and not the mount though. For simplicity sake if I was running a tournament, I'd probably go with the first option though. Lore of Shadows is hardly common enough to worry about the abuse of a single spell.

Keep in mind you move as if in the Remaining Moves segment of the movement phase... so no charging and you must end your move no closer than 1" away from any units.