PDA

View Full Version : Tau Clone Drones?

Prometheus
09-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Random question about Tau Drones... I came across this problem a while ago while running a tournament. A player brought it to my attention that the Tau Codex states that Tau Battlesuits (or Crisis I honestly can not remember) can only have one of each type of wargear, in this case drones. But the battlesuits/Crisis say they can have any wargear they want. The problem stems from one of our gamers who takes 2 or more or the same type of drone ( an invunerable drone I think it called). The question is can he take more than one of each kinda of drone. The idea would kinda being like a Space Marine being able to take multiple Iron Halos/ Bionics, but not exactly as these ar not represented by a seperate model.

Two of our gamers have contacted GW and gotten 2 different replys. I have had friends who have played at GTs in Battle Bunkers tell me the people and judges ran it one way and other people who have gone to other places said those people ran it different.

Now are gaming group is rather small (about 12 members or so) and their options range alot on the subject. For now I am siding that they can have multiple of the same type of drone only becuse although it does make them rather hard to kill it doesn't seem to be messing with any other aspect of the game. It should be noted that in our gaming group tau are one of the best armies, and so far pretty much nowhere else on-line have I heard that about other gaming groups. Actaulk alot of people are talking about how bad Tau are in this edition of the rules, so I don't know.

I applogies for the question being worded so poorly, but I am hoping that someone out thier who either plays Tau or plays against them alot knows what I am talking about and the answer to my problem.

Culven
09-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Typically, Tau may only select one of each item in the Armoury. However, there are some exceptions, including one provided by the Drone Controller. This will allow the player to select two of the same Drone for each Controller.

Nabterayl
09-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Yeah, a drone controller can indeed have more than one of the same type of drone. Two gun drones, two shield drones, or two marker drones per drone controller are quite legal. Two shield drones should make a battlesuit hard to kill; that's what they're for, after all!

Xar
09-02-2009, 05:18 PM
The Drone controller entry in the codex spells it out: one or two X, Y, or Z, in any combination.

mutantpoo
09-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Yeah what they said :)

Xar love the Dark Tower Wizard ! Best game ever.

JavaKnight
09-06-2009, 10:11 AM
How do you guys apply the rules for shield drones. Do you only allocate wounds to the drone or to the battlesuit as well? So if you need to take 5 wounds do you allocate all to the drones or do the suit takes a save as well.

Culven
09-06-2009, 03:52 PM
How do you guys apply the rules for shield drones. Do you only allocate wounds to the drone or to the battlesuit as well? So if you need to take 5 wounds do you allocate all to the drones or do the suit takes a save as well.
Allocate as normal per the Complex Unit rules.