PDA

View Full Version : Heart of the Swarm

Drew da Destroya
06-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Since there isn't a straight-up non-GW Video Games section, I guess this can go here?

I realize it's a bit old news, but is anyone else excited for Heart of the Swarm? I'm pretty interested in seeing what they do with the story, since they left it in a pretty odd place after the last campaign. Also, I'm pretty sure we'll see the return of the Lurker, at least in Campaign mode, so that'll be fun. I really like the idea of the Abathur character... not quite as sold on Izsha (doesn't she hang out with Nurgle?).

Blizzard's Official HoTS Site (http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/heart-of-the-swarm-preview/)

It's good to see the Queen ***** of the Universe back, though, even if she's now running around with a gun.

eldargal
06-03-2011, 10:33 PM
WANT NOW! So excited, though I hope they don't use the tired old 'she dies for redemption' trope at the end.

Farseer Uthiliesh
06-04-2011, 05:32 AM
Given my great disappointment with SC2's story, I'll pass this one.

eldargal
06-04-2011, 06:02 AM
Really? I loved the SC story personally. I want to see what the collectors edition of HoTS is, looking forward to that.

Chronowraith
06-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Really looking forward to this. The first SC2 game was fantastic.

Given that I'll probably want to play through Wings of Liberty before this hits I guess I actually need to get off my rump and unlock my battle.net account finally.

Verilance
06-04-2011, 10:09 AM
My son wants this more than I, his love for the zerg is why I am going to (One day lol) finish off his Tyranid army

Drew da Destroya
06-05-2011, 02:32 AM
The first part of SC2's story has had some issues, although I really want to see if my theory about it holds up... my theory being that Jimmy got played, hard, and now Kerrigan is gonna have to pick up the pieces. Considering at the end of his story, he de-powered the only being in the universe capable of taking on the Dark Voice, I think my theory holds water.

I'm not sure if she'll die or not at the end. I feel like they're heading that way, and I'm not sure how you'd conclude her story otherwise (either she dies for redemption, or she kills everyone, I guess).

I'm probably going to just get the regular edition (until, of course, I see what's in the Special Edition, go all google-eyed, and get that instead). I'm a 'toss player normally, so I'll be preorder the special edition of Legacy of the Void the second I can!