PDA

View Full Version : Prometheus transport capacity

Capn Stoogey
09-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Does anyone know what the Land Raider Prometheus' transport capacity actually is? It was originally 10, but the latest codex has Raiders at 12. The latest IA2 update has both the standard Raider, and Prometheus at 10 though, so Im a bit stuck with which rules to use, 12 makes more sense, but Im just not sure.

AirHorse
09-03-2009, 04:11 AM
I guess your stuck with it at 10 then, since there isnt any equivalent like there is for the standard raider :/ Bit of a failed update if they cant even make standard landraiders match with the codex, but maybe this is what raiders are like for outdated marine codexes?

firedancer
09-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Uou'd have to use the latest IA2 update from FW as that is the only Prometheus listing. Different raiders have different capacity, altered by weapons, command modules etc.

Capn Stoogey
09-04-2009, 02:34 AM
I get that, but they have the standard Raider's capacity at the same as a Prometheus, both 10, which is wrong for a standard Raider. I guess what im saying is, I think they are both the same, but do I use the GW version or the FW version?

jeffersonian000
09-04-2009, 04:43 AM
The issue is that the Prometheus variant is not a standard Land Raider, and does only have a capacity of ten models. It's not the only Land Raider that did not get the extra spaces as the GK Land Raider still only have 10 spaces per the IA2update2 (GK Crusader did go up to 16 spaces, though). I guess all those useless comm systems take up enough space that only 10 Marines or 5 Terminators can fit without breakage. :D

SJ

Xas
09-04-2009, 05:36 AM
I gues noone who allows FW vehicles at first will complain about "correcting" it to 12.

jerks on the other hand... well they try to outlaw your codex marines because they have FW shoulder pads and the tourney rules say "no fw" O_o

RogueGarou
09-05-2009, 01:41 PM
In our local group we play the rules a bit loser than a lot of other people probably do. We base things on the ruling that the newest description for Wargear\Equipment\USR takes precedence. It is something we sat down, looked at and decided on so no one would be surprised when it came up in a game. I don't remember where it was but at one point there was a blurb in a rulebook or Chapter Approved or something that said new wordings superseded old wordings. There is also the general rule that a Codex supersedes a main rulebook rule but we take that to mean if the Codex is newer then the Codex overrules but if the rulebook is newer, it overrules. Official FAQs or updates take precedence, of course.

The gist of it is this: LOYAL Land Raiders and variants that had a capacity of 10 models before the Codex Raider was changed to 12 capacity now have 12 capacity as well. If it had 15 capacity while the Crusader had 15 capacity, it too now has a 16 capacity. If it had something different, then it still has that transport capacity. For instance, if there was a command Land Raider that only carried 8 normal or 4 Terminator-sized models before the Codex was changed, then that is what it carries after the Space Marine Codex came out.

We have also applied this to other items such as Storm Shields. Our groups thinking was that a Storm Shield is a Storm Shield. If a model had Bob's Storm Shield of the Emperor's Grace or some other such thing that was different than a Storm Shield, ie a piece of named Wargear, then the rules in that Codex still worked as stated in that Codex. A narthecium works the same way in our group but the model has to have a narthecium listed in its equipment or description.

Being a Chaos player, I argued that Chaos Land Raiders do NOT get the extra capacity because our Marines get to ride in First Class accommodations while Loyalist Land Raiders are subcontracted with Southwest Airlines 40,000 and get the cattle car treatment. :p That is just how our local group plays things. As long as it is a friendly game or a group of people who are all aware of what you want to do (get the extra capacity) and you make sure whoever you are playing explicitly knows that you are doing it, I don't see a problem with it. If the other guys says no, then I would change the list for that game. You might even want to have two lists, one with the extra troop/s in the Raider and one without just in case this comes up.

Capn Stoogey
09-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Cheers for your help everyone.
I think i might just email FW to try and get a definite ruling
(and hope it was a typo and im not stuck with it at 10...)