PDA

View Full Version : Return of an old dwarf player (2250 Dwarfs)

PinoyC
09-03-2009, 01:45 AM
Trying to get back into the game...haven't really played since the newest BRB so C&C would be appreciated...

Characters:
Runelord (SH)
MR Balance
R Spelleating x2
(293)

Runesmith (SH)
MR Spellbinding
R Spellbreaking
(147)

Core:
Longbeards x15 (SH & CMD)
MR Grungni
(255)

Warriors x15(SH & CMD)
Warriors x15(SH & CMD)
(320)

X-Bowmen x10
X-Bowmen x10
Thundys x10
Thundys x10
(500)

Special:
Bolt Thrower (Engineer)
R Penetrating x2
(110)

Bolt Thrower (Engineer)
R Penetrating x2
Burning
(115)

Bolt Thrower (Engineer)
R Penetrating x2
R Seeking
(125)

Bolt Thrower (Engineer)
R Penetrating x2
R Skewering
(140)

Rare:
Organ Gun
Organ Gun
(240)

Probably going to use last 5 pts to replace R Burning into R Reloading...possibly switch out Organs for regular cannons but I like the Organs for a flank attackers deterrent (will try em out to see 1st)...X-Bows and Bolt Throwers on hills for max range type shots...all other core to be staggered to use shorter range and take shots/charges...only reason I take characters at all is to counter magic b/c other Dwarf characters have been unimpressive for me in the past (b/c low M & I...meaning only way to go 1st is the rune of "I get first strike" while the opponent has high S or no saves allowed).

Let me know what ya'll think...I have enough to make at least 2 blocks of 20 for every special unit and over 3 of each war machine (minus stone thrower)...so any unit/machine swaps are viable (model wise).

PinoyC

Randroid
09-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Gunline eh?

If you are going to take a Runelord you should get yourself an Anvil. I think you have too much anti-magic, you are Dwarf you already have the upper hand.

Double Organ Gun is good but you might also consider a Gyro to help slow down the incoming enemy so you get more rounds of shooting.

I would consider dropping the Warriors (well one unit and making the other a min unit of 10), beefing up the Longbeards, and getting a unit of Hammerers with RoCourage. Fear and Terror are big deals in the game right now and you don't have anything to deal with it aside from your Ld of 10.

Also more RoBurning on the BT wouldn't hurt - plenty of Regen running around too.

khornelord0129
09-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Instead of running a runelord with an anvil just run thorek ironbrow where you can get off the the best runes on a 3+ and is re rollable. Also run you blocks of warriors on 20, they might get runover by a powerful unit. Make the crossbowman into rangers with greatweapons, but make it a block of 20. Start them in a line then reform them later into a normal unit type. Other than that its a good list.

Aldramelech
09-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Me too! My old Dwarf army was very successful and I'd love to repeat that.

Randroid
09-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Thorek is banned at most events - I wouldn't listen to khornelord about that (although you can use the model as a Runelord w/ Anvil).

khornelord0129
09-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Why would thorek be banned in any event. He is part of the army list. If there is an event that bans characters i wouldnt be playing in that event. That just says your characters are too good so you cant use them. Thats just playing scared.

Randroid
09-04-2009, 07:13 PM
I didn't say I agreed with it, it is just fairly common! There are a few others too...

Tacoo
02-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Id only play at that kind of event if Daemons and VC are banned also, they wanna take out the a competetive dwarf unit, they better take out the OTP armies

Lord Azaghul
02-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Edit: wow I just released the original points is 5 months old:

Tacoo: is general accepted that people don't resurrect threats that haven't been posted on for over a month.

Actually gw recently auto-nerfed thorek.
They updated the dwarf faq out of the blue and errated thoreks rules so that he only get the reroll once be game!

I don't use thorek, but it seriously pissed my off, gw is pushing uber units, characters and armies, and then nerfs the dwarves only competative charater for no good reason. I'm still mad as hell about it!
Dwarves are my favorate army, but gw seems to be going to extrodinary efforts to kill off any of the 'good' armies.

On to the list:
If you're taking the RL, you really should take an anvil.

Core: give all the xbows and thunderers SH. The new ed has a parry bonus if you have a shield and hw in close combat. Taking your light armour/shield combo from a 5+ to a 4+
Warriors/longbeards" take this guys are 20+ or not at all. Dwarves win by not dying, ranks and bonus' to do that you need more numbers. I would suggest dropping to one unit of warriors and Longbeards, each with about 22.

Bolt throws: you don't need that much S8 on the table. You've spend 200+ points on wm runes. That would easily be two more warmachines.
Keep runes simple and light. I try to put a point cap per warmachine. Like no more then 30pts.
Special: slayers and hammerers make great flank guards.