PDA

View Full Version : Disabled Genestealer

Deej
09-03-2009, 01:53 AM
Seriously... What's going on with the 5-limbed Genestealer climbing over Terminator armour and holding a Terminator helmet? It's like looking at an Escher painting!

oni
09-03-2009, 08:26 AM
I hadn't noticed. I'll have to check it out when I get home.

ChaosLord127
09-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Perhaps the termy that it shredded ripped off his arm?

Chrysalis
09-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I was trying to figure out why it is the Space Hulk Genestealers seem to only have three arms.

IIRC, it's not just one of the models- it's all of the Space Hulk Genestealer models, is it not?

Angelic Despot
09-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I was trying to figure out why it is the Space Hulk Genestealers seem to only have three arms.

IIRC, it's not just one of the models- it's all of the Space Hulk Genestealer models, is it not?

No; most of them have the full number of arms. It's only a couple that are missing them.

Xas
09-05-2009, 06:25 PM
actually its jsut one "clone-type" that is missing an arm. many only have 5 extremities but thats because the model fused arm and leg or two arms.

but the initally mentioned stealer only has 3 arms. I'm going with the termie-incident explanation ^^

Angelic Despot
09-06-2009, 05:41 AM
but the initally mentioned stealer only has 3 arms. I'm going with the termie-incident explanation ^^

I'm going to model an extra arm on to both of mine - probably taken from a regular genestealer sprue.

hereticus
09-07-2009, 02:21 AM
Prehaps those stealers are the last 5 "out of the vat" so to speak and they were running low on DNA soup for the extra arm.

MonsterZero
09-07-2009, 04:37 PM
The 3-armed genestealers are busting out of the floor so I can understand the lack of arms/legs for that model. However, the 5-limbed 'stealer is an abomination, an escher style model as was previously mentioned. It's kinda funny because it's prominently displayed in White Dwarf as a show of how well done the new sculpts are. Hasn't anyone told them that 4 of the 'stealers in the box are missing a limb? How did this escape anyone/everyone at GW/Citadel?

Not that it will make any difference to me, I'll still play the hell out of this game! :)

MZ

Angelic Despot
09-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Not that it will make any difference to me, I'll still play the hell out of this game! :)

Same here. I'll only add the extra arms as a modeling project. And funnily enough, the 5-limbed stealers are actually my favourite poses.

robertsjf
09-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Maybe it's an early gen hybrid?

Lerra
09-17-2009, 01:27 PM
If they had a stump in place of the 4th arm, that would be awesome.

What bothers me is that you can see the shoulder for the limb, and it goes into his leg and disappears. Creepy.

I'll definitely have to mod that model because it's just . . . distracting. It looks off-balance.

Gregory
09-19-2009, 01:50 AM
You just ruined Space Hulk for me...

Now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it and it bothers me. D:

oni
09-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Yea, why to go Deej, you ruined Space Hulk. ;)