PDA

View Full Version : Leicester, UK 'Unprepared' For Zombie Attack

Hive Mind
06-10-2011, 02:37 AM
A worried member of the public has forced Leicester City Council to admit it is unprepared for a zombie invasion.

The authority received a Freedom of Information request which said provisions to deal with an attack, often seen in horror films, were poor.

The "concerned citizen" said the possibility of such an event was one that councils should be aware of.

"We've had a few wacky ones before but this one did make us laugh," said Lynn Wyeth, head of information governance.

The Freedom of Information Act allows a right of access to recorded information held by public authorities.

Ms Wyeth said she was unaware of any specific reference to a zombie attack in the council's emergency plan, however some elements of it could be applied if the situation arose.

Other submissions to the council have included requests for records of paranormal activity and haunted buildings within the city.

"To you it might seem frivolous and a waste of time... but to different people it actually means something," said Ms Wyeth.

"Everybody has their own interests and their own reasons for asking these questions."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-13713798

Having lived in Leicester for the last two years I'm unsure as to whether a zombie attack would be noticeably different to the usual state of the city.

eldargal
06-10-2011, 02:46 AM
I blame New Labour.:rolleyes:

DrLove42
06-10-2011, 05:28 AM
To be fair trusting a local governemnt authority to protect you in the event of a zombie incursion is foolish.

Local government is only capable of containing a Class 1 outbreak, nothing higher

Any other situation, you need you own Zombie plan to survive.

SotonShades
06-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Got to agree with you Hive Mind. Having grown up in Leicester I'd half expect a Zombie outbreak to increase average IQ (and not just by thinning the numbers of Chavs). If all else fails, hole up in the Walkers Stadium and use the pitch as farm land. Just don't go near the glass frontage...

DarkLink
06-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Considering that during Hurricane Katrina local police went around confiscating firearms (instead of providing food, water or medical care to victims), I wouldn't rely on the government. Luckily, random confiscation is now officially illegal in most of the US.

Drew da Destroya
06-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Man, I'm glad to live in America, where the CDC issues instructions for surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. Just have to stay out of Yonkers....

DrLove42
06-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Actually based on all reliable information (The Walking Dead, Left 4 Dead, World War Z and many others) the CDC is not sufficiently supplied to deal with a scale of outbreak.

As for the best zombie plan it is this...Go North. Get somewhere cold and Isolated. Zombie have no internal heat, therefore freeze in the cold

Hive Mind
06-11-2011, 03:54 AM
Seven Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html

eldargal
06-11-2011, 08:08 AM
So I was right all along, zombies are rubbish.:rolleyes:

Psychosplodge
06-16-2011, 02:03 AM
Surely there's only one course of action,

We're going down the pub....

Necron2.0
06-16-2011, 10:07 AM
As for the best zombie plan it is this...Go North. Get somewhere cold and Isolated. Zombie have no internal heat, therefore freeze in the cold

Then you have to worry about the vampires.

Drew da Destroya
06-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Surely there's only one course of action,

We're going down the pub....

Don't stop me now!

DrLove42
06-19-2011, 04:51 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-13823427

Looks like someone tested them! There was a Z-Head invasion yesterday...

Hive Mind
06-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Thankfully I was forewarned of the invasion and have managed to flee to the Great White North.