PDA

View Full Version : Conversion Question

Monkey
06-14-2011, 10:34 AM
I have a converted Greater Daemon, and I wanted to know what the process for getting it approved might be. It's a combination of the Daemon Prince and Arachnarok Spider, so it won't fit on the standard GD base. It's on a Valkyrie base. I know there has been some debate about "modeling for advantage," so I thought I'd get it approved as soon as possible or get started on painting a replacement (which I really don't want to do).

Just FYI, the size of the base has never been anything but an impediment. DS-ing a Valkyrie base is a pain. I just love the model and want to use it.

lobster-overlord
06-14-2011, 08:45 PM
You really only need the approval of your immediate opponent, or in the case of a tournament, the organizer. Most people won't have issue if the model is appropriately fit to the base.

Pics?

John M>

Monkey
06-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Let's see if this picture will work.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bT_6IFQQlwk/TaEnKy28oxI/AAAAAAAAAKE/3zdgHbi0HQg/s1600/IMG_1853.JPG

Jwolf
06-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Looks pretty awesome to me. If you have no icons in your army, it's hard to gain advantage with a larger base on this model. Bring a regular-sized base to use if your opponent has an issue and you're 100% fine. You don't need another model or anything.

If there is an issue at the table, just call me over and I'll sort out what needs to be done.

Monkey
06-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Great! Thanks for the response.