PDA

View Full Version : Assaulting a vehicle

Demonus
06-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Under the chart for assaulting a vehicle, there is no roll required to hit a vehicle
"that is immobilized or was stationary last turn"

this came into play tonight when I had a warlock immoblize a razorback with his singing spear, then assault it.

now i may be crazy, but the way I read the BRB in the listed statement above, is that I would not be required to roll to hit the razorback as it is immoblized. My opponents said that I needed 4+ to hit as it moved 6 inches during their turn.

it doesnt make any sense to me that it includes "immobilzed" as it could have simply said "was stationary last turn" (since immobilzed vehicles ARE stationary yes?)

could someone clarify for me please, with a FAQ link if one exists.

muchos gracias
demonus

s_harrington
06-18-2011, 10:29 PM
When you reach your initiative step of the assault, if the vehicle your attacking is currently up to that point suffering from the effects of immobilise, regardless of wether it happened in the shooting or close combat, your attacks automaticlly hit.

This can be found on page 63 of the rulebook.

Quote: "Attacking a vehicle that is immobilised or was stationary in its previous turn"
Context "Attacking a vehicle that is (present tense regardless of other factors) immobilised or was (past tense) stationary in its previous turn"

This is of course, only for immobilise results and not for stunned.

DarkLink
06-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Correct.

And even in combat, if a Marine immobilizes a vehicle at I4 with a Krak Grenade, the Power Fist striking at I1 would auto-hit as well.

Denzark
06-19-2011, 03:34 AM
I think if I read you right the new faq applies here - ie turn is player turn not game turn unlesss specified. So if opponent runs his vehicle into difficult ground and immobilises and then in your player turn of the same game turn you charge it, auto hits.

SeattleDV8
06-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Brb faq

q: If a vehicle moved during its last movement phase,
but is immobilised by the time a models initiative value
is reached in close combat, what roll is needed to hit it?
(p63)
a: It will be hit automatically.

Tynskel
06-19-2011, 02:59 PM
sometimes, the FAQ is your best friend.

Demonus
06-19-2011, 03:30 PM
most excellent thank you all kindly :)

i knew i had read it somewhere but couldnt remember where.