PDA

View Full Version : Doors in the box

jcflanker
09-03-2009, 10:14 AM
So I was inspecting everything that came in the Space Hulk box, and looking at the board with all the doors on it.

They are all pretty cool most look like generic space ship doors a few have symbols on them. There is a Blood Angel door a Tau door and a yellowish door with a greenish symbol on it I have never seen in the 14 years I have been into this hobby.

It is defiantly not a number or letter that would indicate a level on the hulk, it is not Tau, Space Marine, Eldar, Ork or anything I have knowledge of.

Has any of you guys seen this yet? Does anyone know what this symbol could be? I’m thinking it could be from that new 40k race that was rumored about a month or two ago.

oni
09-03-2009, 11:03 AM
I’m thinking it could be from that new 40k race that was rumored about a month or two ago.

That turned out to be Chaos Dwarfs for fantasy. There is no new race for 40K.

jcflanker
09-03-2009, 11:33 AM
That turned out to be Chaos Dwarfs for fantasy. There is no new race for 40K.

Realy, i haden't heard that. so at this point I just want to know what that symbol is on the door.

AshHammer
09-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Its new to me too. Looks kind of like a Kanji character that was "straightened".

oni
09-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Its new to me too. Looks kind of like a Kanji character that was "straightened".

It's a tribute to me. :D

No, I'm j/k I have no idea what it is.

schoon
09-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Do you have a picture, so those of us who have not yet received our copies of the game can see?

jcflanker
09-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Do you have a picture, so those of us who have not yet received our copies of the game can see?

I don't but is on p16 of the new WD #356

hereticus
09-07-2009, 09:32 PM
I can just see the guy that designed the doors.

"I know, if I scribble some meaningless squiggle on one of the doors, the conspiracy buffs will drive themselves insane trying to figure out what it means. It'll be hilarious"

:p

Dj Batman
09-08-2009, 12:59 AM
we noticed that one too and kinda assumed it was from an alien vessel that became part of the hulk but it did seem a bit out of place.

jcflanker
09-08-2009, 10:46 AM
I can just see the guy that designed the doors.

"I know, if I scribble some meaningless squiggle on one of the doors, the conspiracy buffs will drive themselves insane trying to figure out what it means. It'll be hilarious"

:p

I know I thought this may be the case. However many of the older players may remember that before the Necrons came out they were eluded to in Gorka Morka. So it is just fun to speculate what the symbol it is on the BOLS Lounge

miteyheroes
09-08-2009, 04:19 PM
However many of the older players may remember that before the Necrons came out they were eluded to in Gorka Morka.

And the C'tan had been mentioned a few times (e.g. C'tan Phase Swords on assassins) before the Necrons appeared, and even after the Necrons appeared it was bloody ages until the C'tan did!

And, of course, the Kroot were pictured in 40k 3rd ed (alongside Donarion Clawed Fiends and Hrud...) before anyone had even heard of the Tau.

So yes. GW does have a history of dropping little scattered references around, and some of them are later revisited and expanded. Personally I hope they do- I think a new Chinese or Japanese style race (who AREN'T anime-tau) could be excellent. But it seems unlikely to appear any time soon- unless those crazy rumours about a New Race did mean something totally new, not just a Chaos Dwarf re-vamp?

Commander Dante
03-16-2010, 07:50 PM
So I was inspecting everything that came in the Space Hulk box, and looking at the board with all the doors on it.

They are all pretty cool most look like generic space ship doors a few have symbols on them. There is a Blood Angel door a Tau door and a yellowish door with a greenish symbol on it I have never seen in the 14 years I have been into this hobby.

It is defiantly not a number or letter that would indicate a level on the hulk, it is not Tau, Space Marine, Eldar, Ork or anything I have knowledge of.

Has any of you guys seen this yet? Does anyone know what this symbol could be? I’m thinking it could be from that new 40k race that was rumored about a month or two ago.

Hmm...the sign of the brood; mark of the Genestealer coven?