PDA

View Full Version : Dwarfs

Aldramelech
09-03-2009, 10:31 AM
So Ive nearly finished my first 40k army in seven years and now Im thinking about WFB. My old Dwarf army (sold it many years ago...sob) kicked serious butt, what are the 'New' Dwarfs like?

Randroid
09-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Not all that great.

Depends how you like to play and how many friends you wish to keep.

Going with an all out gunline could still be effective. You will find limited success in troop blocks.

ItP/Unbreakable and Fear has made it pretty hard for Dwarfs to compete against the likes of DoC, DE, and VC. WoC and HE can also be a pain.

khornelord0129
09-03-2009, 12:45 PM
I run a pretty decent dwarfs army and it doen't include a gun line which most people think you need to win a game. Ya the dwarfs may be slow, but they have a base leadership 9, toughness and WS 4 across the board minimum. When i play like a cavalry the bounce off my blocks by purely outnumber, ranks, etc. Plus you can give them runes up the butt on just about everything you can think of they become a hard army to beat. A few things to expect though, you are going to get charged 99% of the time so have a unit to countercharge. Not very good and challanges unless you get the right matchup. I started with this when i got into fantasy and amassed myself with 9,000 points worth. I will always like my dwarfs.

Aldramelech
09-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Main opponents will be Skaven, Orcs and Ogres.

Randroid
09-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Well you should have it pretty easy if those are your regular opponents (at least til the new Skaven book is released).

I would start with crafting a list that includes the models you want to collect and paint, proxy some games, see how you like the list.