PDA

View Full Version : AP1 and Super Heavys

Demonus
06-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Does AP 1 grant a +1 to the damage roll vs Super Heavy Tanks? Its not listed as a modifier on the Apoc damage table so I was unsure.

Thanks

Gotthammer
06-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Every printing of the superheavy damage chart from IA:8 & IA: Apoc II have had it written as:

"Strength D / AP1 = +1"

Some say it doesn't stack due to the slash, but I'm inclined to say it does as adding another line of text would have required reformatting the entire page.

Demonus
06-23-2011, 01:34 PM
ah excellent thanks. I was going off a um....discovered online version of apoc rules...which didnt have anything regarding ap1.

cheers.

Nabterayl
06-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Every printing of the superheavy damage chart from IA:8 & IA: Apoc II have had it written as:

"Strength D / AP1 = +1"

Some say it doesn't stack due to the slash, but I'm inclined to say it does as adding another line of text would have required reformatting the entire page.
I agree completely. SD is +1, and AP1 is +1. An SD AP1 weapon is +2.

armbarred
06-23-2011, 02:09 PM
But the core rules for Apocalypse (not the FW ones) do not say this

dannyat2460
06-23-2011, 02:12 PM

Yes dont forget this fact but the IA are newer and i belive should be taken into account as the correct ruling but as with everything in apocalypse the organiser has final say in all matters

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
06-23-2011, 02:31 PM

The core rules were written for 4th edition, the FW ones update the system to 5th edition.

Demonus
06-23-2011, 02:32 PM
LOL well I am the organizer, and the only one who has a SH tank, but I didnt wanna cheat my opponents. Its all for fun though, took day off for 8000 vs 8000 battle tomorrow, complete with grilled dogs and burgers, cold beer and sodas, and hopefully a ton of pics.

I bought me a Stormlord and Chaos'd it up a bit, not finished, but dying to use it.

Denzark
06-23-2011, 04:33 PM
IA apoc 2 brings the rules formally up to date in giving AP1 +1 on the SH chart as well as normal...

Tynskel
06-23-2011, 06:41 PM
uh oh!

Another Apoc Question... that should be reserved for the Game Master of the Apoc game!

You do have a game master, right? It is highly recommended to have a game master for Apoc.

wkz
06-23-2011, 08:40 PM
LOL well I am the organizer, and the only one who has a SH tank, but I didnt wanna cheat my opponents. Its all for fun though, took day off for 8000 vs 8000 battle tomorrow, complete with grilled dogs and burgers, cold beer and sodas, and hopefully a ton of pics.

I bought me a Stormlord and Chaos'd it up a bit, not finished, but dying to use it.

Wow, that sounds awesome. Enjoy your game :D

Lord Inquisitor
06-23-2011, 10:02 PM
To go by RAW it doesn't as AP 1 says to add 1 to rolls on the vehicle damage chart, but I would say that going by RAI it should stack with the +1 for strength D or add +1 on its own. As per RAW, though, it does not affect the Super Heavy vehicle damage chart, with a serious amount of strict rules lawyering.

Gir
06-23-2011, 11:57 PM
To go by RAW it doesn't as AP 1 says to add 1 to rolls on the vehicle damage chart, but I would say that going by RAI it should stack with the +1 for strength D or add +1 on its own. As per RAW, though, it does not affect the Super Heavy vehicle damage chart, with a serious amount of strict rules lawyering.

Only if you go by the old rules. The new apoc rules clearly state that Str D and AP1 give you +1 to the table.

wkz
06-24-2011, 12:00 AM
Only if you go by the old rules. The new apoc rules clearly state that Str D and AP1 give you +1 to the table.
For the sake of settling the argument... where are these "new" rules?

Gir
06-24-2011, 05:20 AM

Imperial Armour Apocalypse 2.

Denzark
06-24-2011, 12:08 PM

Imperial Armour Apocalypse 2.

see post #9 above...

Gotthammer
06-24-2011, 12:19 PM
See post #2 even ;)

Denzark
06-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Ha! I'll see your Denzark and I'll raise you Gotthammer!

Demonus
06-26-2011, 11:09 AM
turns out it didnt matter. 3 basilisk shots in first round, 3 pens. 2 chain reactions, wrecked stormlord.

500pt terrain for the win!

10 hour game (3 objectives worth 2, 2 and 4 pts) ended in a 0-0 tie. IG/BA/Eldar vs Chaos/Ork and my Hydra army (GK/SW/Marines/Eldar/IG Super Heavy) as in the last turn, I managed to kill 3 of the IG Vets holding an objective, and he rolled boxcars on his morale check sending them running off into the night.

MVP on our side was my Vindicare, who 1 shotted a leman russ, a storm raven, blew the turret off a second leman russ, and fired the shot that made the IG rout in the last round.

MVP on the other side was a battery of 3 Basilisks, that killed the Stormlord in Round 1, and the Ork Stompa in round 3. The apoc formations are severely IG skewed. The 2 formations used by the IG player were the one that allowed his tanks to ignore shaken for like 25pts, and the 50pt one for Basilisks that let him not have to roll to hit after using spotter rounds. SOOO cheap for how good they are.

Ork stompas gatlin gun fired 13 times before rolling doubles in 1st round hehe.

Was fun game, and ended about midnight.

JMichael
07-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Are there many Str D AP1 weapons?

I have only a couple in Eldar (including 2 Fireprism formations).

Gir
07-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Are there many Str D AP1 weapons?

I have only a couple in Eldar (including 2 Fireprism formations).

Tau heavy railguns are a main one, and I think Necron Pylons might be too (but don't quote me on it)