PDA

View Full Version : Wayland Games Returning All Finecast Models

Faultie
06-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Link here (http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2011/06/24/47913/). Retribution for overseas sales, or just an abhorrent amount of errors in the product? I don't know, but it's interesting. This isn't a forumite or blogger complaining. This is a major retailer suspending sales.

Aldramelech
06-25-2011, 03:12 AM
And the Finecast is great! fanboys are strangely silent..................Hmmmmmm.

eldargal
06-25-2011, 08:44 AM
Well to be fair, some of the faults are hairs in the packaging.

There is something certainly wrong with GWs quality control on Finecast at the moment, some stores and Wayland seem to be getting 55% miscasts, others (like the three near me) have had perhaps thirty each out of three hundred or so clampacks. Thye really need to get themselves sorted out, which they seem to be doing, I've heard more recent shipments have fewer and fewer faults.

wittdooley
06-25-2011, 07:04 PM
And the Finecast is great! fanboys are strangely silent..................Hmmmmmm.

About 80% of the "faults" Wayland reports in that "finding" I wouldn't, as a relatively experienced hobbyist, even be concerned about. Pretty much all the ones they report being "minor fails" are negligible bubbles that I probably wouldn't have noticed or would have filled rather easily and quickly.

They have a problem with the QC, to be sure, but a lot of those "failures" they're pointing to there could be said for the previous metals as well.

cheesyfluff
06-26-2011, 02:17 AM
So sour grapes then on Waylands part?

eldargal
06-26-2011, 02:38 AM
I think it is a little bit of posturing, to show GW that taking their biggest independent customers for granted is not a good thing. Damned good idea in all honesty, those trade terms were disgraceful. The quaity control issues with Finecast gave them the opportunity, so they took it.

Lord Azaghul
06-27-2011, 01:19 PM
I think it is a little bit of posturing, to show GW that taking their biggest independent customers for granted is not a good thing. Damned good idea in all honesty, those trade terms were disgraceful. The quaity control issues with Finecast gave them the opportunity, so they took it.

Agreed. And I can't say I really blame them for it!

ted1138
07-23-2011, 09:03 AM
It seems to me that GW know all about the quality problems with their Finecast range, and that they know how much hassle it's causing shops like Wayland and their customers. If a GW direct customer complains about their purchase GW drops a new model in the post to them straight away, with it arriving a couple of days later. If a Wayland Games customer has a problem they have to return it to Wayland, who then have to return it to GW, who then issue a credit note to Wayland, who then have to re-order the item, wait a week or so for it to arrive, then send it out to the customer, who has been waiting 2-3 weeks. Result is, Wayland has staff wasting time on returns rather than handling orders, and their customers get annoyed at the delays and decide in future to buy direct from GW. :(