PDA

View Full Version : GenCon 2011 To-Purchase Lists

wittdooley
06-30-2011, 08:23 AM
So I've been going to GenCon for three years now, and it's a blasty! I'm planning on going again this year, and I'll be doing some demoes for Fantasy Flight Games, so it augments a bit what I'm planning on purchasing. With that in mind, it's always fun to come up with my GenCon Budget/To-Buy list before hand. So here's mine:

Super Dungeon Explore ($90) - Can't wait to get this. I've played the demo. Played the Demo rules. It's really fun, really simple, and out right adorable. Color me excited.

HellDorado English Rulebook ($35) - So glad this is finally coming out. I have a bunch of minis for it, but haven't played any games yet because the quick start rules are simply too incomplete.

Privateer Press New Releases ($30-100) - This is an estimate, because I have no idea what new stuff they'll have. Last year it was jack kits, so I'm sorta hoping they'll have one from the new Wrath book. I'll aslo accept the new Hordes book. Simply don't know what's coming out, so it'll be interesting.

Claustrophobia Expansion (~$40) - Claustrophobia is a dungeon crawly boardgame in the HellDorado universe. Really nice production. Really fun game. If you haven't checked it out, it's certainly worth it.

Rackham Miniatures (~$50-100) Chimera Hobbies is always there with a sizeable booth, and this year is no different. I was able to pick up my copy of Hybrid at Origins. I need to see if I can score Nemesis at GenCon, as well as filling some gaps in my Rackham collection.

I usually buy a bunch of stuff from FFG, but as I'm working for them for some time, I'm going to be getting some schwag, which edits my buy list. Of note is that my wife is coming for a day this year, which should be really fun. I'm excited to demo out some games with her (she liked the look of Quarriors and I'm sure she'll dig the Asmodee booth).

So how about you. If you're going to GenCon, what are you looking forward to wasting money on?