PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Invasion LCG

Daemonette666
07-01-2011, 05:41 PM
I am hoping this is the correct place for this thread. It is so hard to find the correct place to discuss particular games on this site.

Question: Does anyone else play or collect the Fantasy Flight Living Card game series, Warhammer Invasion?

If so what race, deck construction deck size and deck building tactics do you employ?

I myself prefer a Dark Elf deck with a few cheaper chaos cards, to provide loyalty points, a few nice chaos cards, an Ork and Chaos Quest, as well as both Skaven and Undead cards to fill out the 83 card deck.

I have had some good successes with this deck, however as with any deck, if you shuffle the cards and all the good ones are in the middle, then you will probably get your butt kicked.

I also have made some really nice decks up for Chaos, Ork (with dark elf and chaos), High Elf (and wood elf), Dwarf, and finally Empire (with Lizardmen, that I intend to add some high elves into the deck). All my decks have about 80 cards in them.

I am waiting for the Legends expansion along with the latest release for the morrslieb cycle - Signs in the Stars. I also want my local gaming shop - "The Hall of Heroes" to get in the Capital Cycle - The inevitable City, and Realm of the Phoenix King. I think these are old releases.

I love this game, I have been trying to get Matt the local gaming shop owner to start up a warhammer Invasion league. I have so far gotten 10 people who walked into the his store to start collecting the game because no one in the shop had an army to play against them fo 40K or fantasy, so they decided to take up my offer of learning the game. Six of them now have about as many cards sets as I have. It is so easy to learn this game, and about as addictive as magic the gathering, except the box sets and expansions have preset cards in them - nothing random which makes it easier to get the cards you want.

Here is a link to Fantasy Flights Warhammer Invasion site:

http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=85&enmi=Warhammer:%20Invasion%20The%20Card%20Game

The art work on some of the cards is amazing, and it is so easy to transport and set up. You can play 1 on 1, 2 on 2, or a free for all. This is a game that may board gamers, fantasy tabletop gamers, and CCG gamers like Magic the gathering will easily get to understand and want to play.