PDA

View Full Version : First Founding Chapters Playlist

Prometheus
09-03-2009, 10:30 PM
A buddy of mine and I thought up this awesome idea to make a CD which was going to have 18 songs on it. One song for each of the first found Chapters.

We have been trying for a number of years now to figure out the best song for each Chapter and to be honest gotten off track alot. We have a few nailed down (in our opinion), but alot we just can not seem to figure out. Some need Heavy Death Metal, other simple Rock and Roll, I doubt Country, Rap or Pop would sound good but who knows. Either way I turn it over to you guys to figure out the ultimate Space Marine Chapter Playlist.

Space Marines Capters = Dark Angles, Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Iron Hands, Salamander, Raven Guard, Imperial Fist.

Chaos Legions = Black Legion (formely Sons of Horus and before that Lunar Wolves), Death Guard, Emperors Children, World Eaters, Thousand Sons, Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Word Bearers.

Your mission is to come up with the song that best defines each chapter. Remeber personal choice in music is going to make everyones choices different, so try not to trample on each others ideas. Personally all my picks where metal and most where instrumental versions of the songs (i.e. no singing).

Johan
09-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Bolt Thrower - World Eater, should be obvious for who ;)

What have you come up with up till now?

entendre_entendre
09-04-2009, 12:55 AM
actually pop music might work for the Emperor's Children...
I'm w/ Johan for the WE's - Bolt Thrower FTW
Stricken by Disturbed for the Black Legion. listen to the lyrics. it actually fits. "...into the abyss i run..." pure win.

deadmanwade
09-04-2009, 01:49 AM
Aren't there 18 First Founding Legions?
Ultramarines - Queen - Princes of the Universe
Here we are.born to be kings.
We are the princes of the universe.
Here we belong.fighting to survive.
In a world with the darkest powers.
And here we are. we're the princes of the universe.
Here we belong.fighting for survival.
Weve come to be the rulers of your world.
I am immortal.i have inside me blood of kings.
I have no rival.no man can be my equal.
:rolleyes:

Drew da Destroya
09-04-2009, 09:05 AM
For the Iron Warriors, I'm thinking Operation Ivy's "Break it down".

Break it down, break it down, tear it apart!

Space Wolves... maybe Deadly Sinners, by 3 Inches of Blood? the Immigrant Song by Zeppelin is also pretty classic viking rock.

ggg
09-04-2009, 11:22 AM
What a great way to waste five minutes.......................

Salamanders - "fire" by The Crazy World of Arthur Brown.

Dark Angels - Gay Bar by Electric Six (see poem 'Dark Angel' by Lionel johnson) or Vultum Tuum -Gregorian Chant performed by the benedictine order of Monks. Other wise Hey Hey we're the monkeys! by The Monkeys! Angels of Death by Slayer.

Raven Guard - A Shot in the Dark by Ozzie ozborne

Alpha Legion - Alpha and the Omega by Stratovarius or Alpha against Omega by Damok v MorisonThe alphabet song by The characters of Sesame Street or The you and Me Song by the Wannadies.

White Scars - Wheels of steel by Saxon, crazy horses by the Osmonds

Night lords -Fear of the Dark (originally by Iron Maiden) by Cradle of filth or Graveworm. Like a bat out of hell by Meat loaf or Music of the night by Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Death Guard- Plague Bearer by Bolt Thrower

World Eaters - (It has to be) World Eater by Bolt Thrower

Imperial Fists - Face to my Fist by Fall of my Envy or use your fist and not your mouth by Marilyn Manson

Iron Lords- A fortress Dark by Dark Fortress (German Rock is not the most imaginative)

Need some Vampire Rock for the Blood Angels - If I was your vampire by M manson, Blood sucker by Deep Purple.

Jiggs
09-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Indestructable by Disturbed would work for any space marine chapter

crazyredpraetorian
09-04-2009, 11:50 AM

Space Wolves... maybe Deadly Sinners, by 3 Inches of Blood? the Immigrant Song by Zeppelin is also pretty classic viking rock.

I'm thinking No Quarter by Zepplin:

Close the door, put out the light.
No, they won't be home tonight.
The snow falls hard and don't you know?
The winds of Thor are blowing cold.
They're wearing steel that's bright and true
They carry news that must get through, oooh
They choose the path where no-one goes.
They hold no quarter, They hold no quarter.
Walking side by side with death
The devil mocks their every step
The snow drives back the foot that's slow
The dogs of doom are howling more
They carry news that must get through
To build a dream for me and you
They choose the path where no-one goes.
They hold no quarter, They ask no quarter.
The pain, the pain without quarter.
They ask no quarter.
Yeah! Without quarter, quarter, yeah!
The dogs of doom are howling more!
I hear the dogs of doom are howling more!

Jiggs
09-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Alright I was a little surprised by this song, Electric City by the black eyed peas I was listening to it today because my sister just got it and as soon as I heard this I knew it fit with noise marines not necessarily the song but the lyrics.

some of the lyrics go like this.

Sound selector activate your transistor
transmitter audio wears through your system
sub-sonic mega bolt base from the kickin'
we the blast masters, the radiation
international coming to your nation
feel the, feel the, feel the, feel the vibration
we killin', killin', killin' your radio station

kill 'em with the sound, kill, kill 'em with the sound
hit them with the frequency
shoot 'em with the base, shoot, shoot 'em with the base
super mega frequency

kick 'em with the drum, kick 'em, kick 'em with the drum
get 'em with the melody
beat 'em with the beat, beat 'em, beat 'em with the beat
super mega frequency

now I know its not heavy metal and darker music that fits with 40k so well but the noise marines fit better with more hip hop style music in my opinion so this song kind of fits.
I say go listen to it and you'll know what I mean.

RocketRollRebel
09-04-2009, 08:20 PM

Op Ivy FTW! haha 3 inches of Blood to! I think those guys do some role playing to. I saw some minis around their place a while ago but this was b4 I was into war gaming or anything.

vharing
09-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Brothers of blood by papa roach for the blood angels

person person
09-05-2009, 02:00 AM
Dark Angels - Gay Bar by Electric Six...

E-high five!!!

Night lords: The Night- Disturbed

All CSM: The book of heavy metal- Dream Evil

All Sm: We are the Chosen Ones- Dream evill

Salamanders: through the fire and flames- Dragonforce

Abominable Plague Marine
09-05-2009, 03:37 AM
deadmanwade

Aren't there 18 First Founding Legions?

Nope, there were 20.

Like the Legions, the songs should be epic! I dont think the lyrics are that important as to be descriptive of the Legion, but should hold the heart or essence instead. In some instances, I dont think lyrics are important at all. I dont know why it is (most) people automatically associate Space Marines with METAL, I guess that is what Hollywood would have you think WAR sounds like (senseless music accompanied by senseless voilence). So are we talking anthem here? or the soundtrack to kill the enemies of mankind?

Shadowmancer
09-05-2009, 04:38 AM
Nope, there were 20.

Like the Legions, the songs should be epic! I dont think the lyrics are that important as to be descriptive of the Legion, but should hold the heart or essence instead. In some instances, I dont think lyrics are important at all. I dont know why it is (most) people automatically associate Space Marines with METAL, I guess that is what Hollywood would have you think WAR sounds like (senseless music accompanied by senseless voilence). So are we talking anthem here? or the soundtrack to kill the enemies of mankind?

come on Metal when done well is not senseless in any sense whatsoever. It can be some of the most thought provoking music out there.

Bolt Thrower with world Eater works because it was written.

I liked the Slayer song for Dark Angels.

personally I would say Born to be Wild for the White Scars.

Losing My Religion as done by the Gregorian monks for Word bearers.

deadmanwade
09-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Nope, there were 20.

Well, yeah there were 20, but since 2 were never named....I said 18

person person
09-06-2009, 02:10 AM
Word bearers: Believe-Disturbed

Blood Angels: This Suffering-Billy talent, more on the death company side.

Emperor`s Children: PAIN- Three days grace

Iron Warriors: Made of Metal-Dream Evil