PDA

View Full Version : Eternity Stair Kit Review?

Brent
07-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi,

Someone out there must have already bought and assembled the Dreadfire Portal and Eternity Stair kit...can you tell everyone a bit about the kit?

I'm particularly interested in the size of the Eternity Stair--how tall is it, and how wide the platform on top is.

Also, are the Chaos symbols separate pieces, or are they molded as part of the kit?

Thanks!

Brent

wittdooley
07-11-2011, 02:56 PM
I may have one up tonight. We'll see. I'm working on both that and the SoM review. So who knows.

Chronowraith
07-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Hi,

Someone out there must have already bought and assembled the Dreadfire Portal and Eternity Stair kit...can you tell everyone a bit about the kit?

I'm particularly interested in the size of the Eternity Stair--how tall is it, and how wide the platform on top is.

Also, are the Chaos symbols separate pieces, or are they molded as part of the kit?

Thanks!

Brent

Both models are neat and relatively interesting to put together. I'll be posting a review later tonight on my blog but to give you a brief overview...

The eternity stair is roughly 19ish pieces. The stairs are 5 pieces, the central column is divided into 4 parts, and the gargoyles are 2 pieces each (8 total). Then you have the base and the pinnacle. No Chaos markings here, just runes depicting the various winds of magic. The kit goes together pretty well and the overall height is roughly the same as a Skaven Screaming Bell.

The dreadfire portal is roughly 11 pieces and awhile it goes together easily, it needs a little more finesse since GW decided to make the stairs a single long piece, prone to warping, rather than multiple pieces. The portal is MUCH shorter than the stairs and the platform is roughly 2ish inches off the ground with the braziers maybe an inch to an inch and a half taller. Again, I didn't recognize any particular chaos markings on this structure, but maybe I missed it. That being said, the sun-like disk platform is a completely seperate piece.

Again, check my blog late tonight (I'm Central US zone) and I'll have more pictures, description etc. (If you are interested) I wish I could post more details now but, I'm at work.