PDA

View Full Version : No Forgeworld Blood Angels love?

Jawaballs
09-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Maybe some of you in the know can shed some light on why Forgeworld seems to love Chaos and Hate the Blood Angels? They do have Ultramarine, Dark Angels and Templars venerable dreads... why not Blood Angels? Any one got any Forgeworld info on what is in store?

jawaballs

Dragonmann
09-04-2009, 09:50 AM
My bet is that as soon as a BA codex is on the schedule FW will suddenly have a glut of available doodads

Sharp
09-04-2009, 10:02 AM
BA aren't the only legion without a FW dreadnought...

(Salamanders)

Duke
09-04-2009, 10:36 AM
I have always seen the Chaplain Dread as the "Blood Angels dread." But I do agree that it is somewhat irritating that they don't have a "Blood Angels Ven Dread" ... Riot/ Sanctions/ strike anyone?

Duke

2wierd
09-04-2009, 11:45 AM
My bet is that as soon as a BA codex is on the schedule FW will suddenly have a glut of available doodads

I agree.

splnes
09-09-2009, 03:31 AM
they may not call it but they do have the claws to create the furiouso dread.

Bigwill
09-09-2009, 07:56 AM
I would not be surprised if it does'nt show by the end of next year,early 2011 at the latest.
The New Space Hulk game is sure to bring in new BA fans.

I wonder if GW or Forgeworld will be making the new Bjorn which we have heard nothing about.

The West Coast Knight
09-09-2009, 08:12 AM
It is my understanding that FW is not allowed to make anything taht competes directly with a product produced by GW.
Its simple if GW already has a Blood Angel dread which they do FW can't make one.
When it comes to things like conversion kits those are fine because they plastics still need to be purchased from GW.

Bigred
09-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Not news nor rumor...moved to 40k general.

wittdooley
09-09-2009, 11:55 AM
BA aren't the only legion without a FW dreadnought...

(Salamanders)

No kidding. I'd love to see more Salamanders FW stuff.

ChrisW
09-09-2009, 12:33 PM
as much as GW has artists/sulpters, i think FW has less and even more projects. but i think i read that FW gives their sculpters a little more free will.....

e-mail and beg mebbe they'll have a few one offs if they get enough requests.

as for me, the chaos stuff rocks hard. wish i had more ability to get more.....

Dark_Templar
09-09-2009, 04:34 PM
No kidding. I'd love to see more Salamanders FW stuff.

I would try and stretch my budget to make a Salamanders army if they had some specific gear, but at the moment all I can do is paint vanilla marines green...

Dia
09-09-2009, 06:25 PM
It would be nice if they did Chapter sets kinda like they're doing for the Red Scorpions. I'm not sure how feasable something like that is for FW, though.

All the same I'm happy with the quality of their products.

Dark_Templar
09-10-2009, 04:44 PM
It would be nice if they did Chapter sets kinda like they're doing for the Red Scorpions. I'm not sure how feasable something like that is for FW, though.

All the same I'm happy with the quality of their products.

Speaking of Forgeworld gear, is the resin stuff really as hard to work with and assemble as people say?

Dia
09-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Speaking of Forgeworld gear, is the resin stuff really as hard to work with and assemble as people say?

The FW stuff I've gotten before hasn't been any more difficult to mess with than the standard GW kits. That's assuming that you don't just slap things together off the sprue, though; I've also never gotten anything bigger than a dread from FW so I don't know about the larger kits.

Johan
09-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Blood angels do get those nice terminator pads, I wish they'd make those for the Iron Hands.

The West Coast Knight
09-11-2009, 12:12 PM
The FW stuff I've gotten before hasn't been any more difficult to mess with than the standard GW kits. That's assuming that you don't just slap things together off the sprue, though; I've also never gotten anything bigger than a dread from FW so I don't know about the larger kits.

I have to say FW kits are easier to deal with then Metal IMO.
If you are working with larger kits and there is some warping of the resin just give it a little shot from a hair dryer and put back in place.
I find there are also not as much gaps to fill in with Green Stuff with the FW kits compared to GW metals
One litttle trick I use a lot is put a dab of PVA glue on one side of the join and then a dab of Super glue on the other side and you get a almost instant bond.

GreyHunter
09-12-2009, 11:57 AM
FW always seems to release a new dreadnought with each codex update so if the rumours are true in that in the next couple of years BAs will finally get a proper codex with new minis. Heres hoping lol.