mercer
09-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Here is a army I've been thinking of doing:

Model Wargear Points

HQ

1 x Chaos Sorceror - Mark of tzeentch, melta bombs & bolt of change - 160
1 x Chaos Sorceror - Mark of tzeentch, familiar, gift of chaos & doombolt - 175

Elites

9 x Chosen w/ Rhino - Mark of Slannesh, 3 x power weapons & 1 x power fist - 287
9 x Chosen w/ Rhino - 5 x meltaguns & 2 x melta bombs - 242

Troops

10 x Chaos Marines w/ Rhino - Icon of Slannesh, 2 x meltaguns - champion w/ power weapon & melta bombs - 260
10 x Chaos Marines w/ Rhino - Icon of Slannesh, 2 x meltaguns - champion w/ power weapon & melta bombs - 260

Heavy Support

1 x Chaos Predator - autocannon & heavy bolters - 100
1 x Chaos Vindicator - 125
1 x Chaos Vindicator - 125

total 1994

I already have a Chaos army, so I want different units compared to my other list.

Sorcerers, one is geared up for anti tank with the bolt of change and melta bombs. The other is close combat orientated. Both will boost the Chosen units affectiveness, just a same I.C's cannot outflank with the Chosen :( . They've both got mark of tzeentch because I want them to stay alive, fluff comes second for me and gameplay first ;)

Chosen, one for anti vehicle the other close combat. As mentioned the Sorcerers boost each unit :)

Troops just do what they do. Annoys me paying 15 points for a champion to gain one attack and access the armoury, but meh what can you do?

Vindicators I like, same I haven't got the points for daemonic possession - perhaps I can make it up? Dakka Pred does what it does and shoots infantry out in the open :cool:

Any ideas suggestions welcome.

GMort.
09-04-2009, 07:59 AM
A Sorceror with the Mark of Tzeentch can select 2 psychic powers so there's no need to take the familiar on the 2nd one.

It's only a 5 point saving but i thought it was worth pointing out.

GMort.
09-04-2009, 08:22 AM
My own Slaanesh list looks like this.

Daemon Prince, Wings, Mark of Slaanesh, Warptime (160)
Daemon Prince, Wings, Mark of Slaanesh, Warptime (160)

Dreadnought, Multi-Melta, Extra Armour, Heavy Flamer (120)
Dreadnought, Multi-Melta, Extra Armour, Heavy Flamer (120)

Noise Marines x7, Sonic Blasters x6, Blastmaster, Personal Icon, Rhino (250)
Noise Marines x7, Sonic Blasters x6, Blastmaster, Personal Icon, Rhino (250)
Noise Marines x7, Sonic Blasters x6, Blastmaster, Rhino (245)
Noise Marines x7, Sonic Blasters x6, Blastmaster, Rhino (245)

Obliterators x2 (150)
Obliterators x2 (150)
Obliterators x2 (150)

Total - 2000

It used to be a Dual Lash + Template Spam list back in 4th Ed. It has had to be modified for 5th.
The Daemon Princes are quite often swapped for Sorcerors these days as well.

Kelmon
09-04-2009, 09:44 AM
If you have 2 vindicators, you should include one lash prince in your army ...

The holy number for slaanesh is six, so six squads of six noisemarines in rhinos with six obliterators ... ;)

I like slaanesh, but i think that i6 is wasted on them as they are so much better in shooting ...

mercer
09-04-2009, 10:14 AM
A Sorceror with the Mark of Tzeentch can select 2 psychic powers so there's no need to take the familiar on the 2nd one.

It's only a 5 point saving but i thought it was worth pointing out.

Fair point. I've either overlooked something or forgot the reason why I put it on. Can't think why but ah well.

Thats a nice list GMort, I'd probably do something like that myself but I have dual daemon princes in my Iron Warriors list and want something different. Same with the Obliterators and Dreadnoughts.

If you have 2 vindicators, you should include one lash prince in your army ...

The holy number for slaanesh is six, so six squads of six noisemarines in rhinos with six obliterators ...

I like slaanesh, but i think that i6 is wasted on them as they are so much better in shooting

I'm not into lashes really, though I might consdier it.

I'm not fussed about numbers, I can't see six lasting long though as a squad.

Thats why I've gone for p/w's on the champs, yes they cost a lot but a i6 pw is ok. Plus CSM are decent in cc too ;)