PDA

View Full Version : storm of magic

joescalise
07-15-2011, 12:36 PM
ok, this might be a stupid question. But I am getting different answers all over the place.

Can you ride any of the monsters from the storm of magic book?

wittdooley
07-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Only if your hero has the mounted option in their Army Book. Consider those ones trained.

Consider the ones in SoM wild beasties without any schooling :)

snikrot
07-16-2011, 07:06 PM
i would love to know too as i just got a book this morning but when i opened it up all the writing was in german i even checked the back and it says it is supposed to be in english so now i have to travel back to the store to exchange it and that sucks cause it is about 30 min away srry for any misspelled words it is 3 in the moring and i am really kinda drunk i just got back fromk a club dont know why i thought it was a good idea to post something now well now i am going to sleep ggod bye everybody have a nice dhat .

snikrot
07-16-2011, 07:07 PM
wow i just relized that was a stupid post just ignore the last half plz

snikrot
07-16-2011, 07:12 PM
german writing is really weird i cant understand anyything i think i am having a convorsation with myself at this point so i am going to bed for realz this time people.

Wildeybeast
07-22-2011, 03:59 AM
Only if your hero has the mounted option in their Army Book. Consider those ones trained.

Consider the ones in SoM wild beasties without any schooling :)

And in this case you must use the profile and points cost as found in your army book as these are sometimes different to the ones in SoM. So no, the monsters in the SoM book cannot be used as ridden mounts.

wittdooley
07-22-2011, 08:46 AM
And in this case you must use the profile and points cost as found in your army book as these are sometimes different to the ones in SoM. So no, the monsters in the SoM book cannot be used as ridden mounts.

Yes, great point. Can't believe I left it out. The SoM Arachnarok has like, 8 attacks. I think the O&G one only has 5 or 6.

So excited to buy some of the monster kits from other armies. Just picked up a few White Lions and Skull Pass spiders on eBay. Can't wait to paint and add em to my Empire besitary.

Wildeybeast
07-22-2011, 11:29 AM
I think I really want herd of unicorns and giant stags in my Wood Elves, whilst a Zoat is definitely going in my Empire army. That, is when they release models for them of course. I think I'll make do with a Fenbeats and Truthsayer for now.

wittdooley
07-22-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm all over the Truthsayer, and I'm right with you on the Stag. I've been looking for a good model. It actually appears that the Wood Elf lord on stag dude is the best I can find in miniatures. Stupid metal...

Chronowraith
07-22-2011, 03:03 PM
I just received my two finecast Dark Emissaries for my Skaven army :)

I'm contemplating picking up an Arachnarok Spider for my Skaven as well.

Wildeybeast
07-22-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm all over the Truthsayer, and I'm right with you on the Stag. I've been looking for a good model. It actually appears that the Wood Elf lord on stag dude is the best I can find in miniatures. Stupid metal...

It's the only stag model available. Right there with you on the stupid metal thing. And it's not a particuarly nice model for the stag either. Equally the only unicorn available is on the fay enchantressa model (and again not very nice), so they are both going to need plastic/finecast updates if GW actually expects people to field them.