PDA

View Full Version : Previous versions of the game

Wolfshade
09-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Now we are in the 5th edition, and lots of people have been playing since before 5th edition, my question is this, do you ever dust of any of the previous rulesets and play using them?

I sometimes muse about playing 2nd edition, that's where I started and the crazy rules wih the d20s d12, and a "winds of magic" type pysker phase

oni
09-04-2009, 12:00 PM
I get nostalgic once in awhile, but the new rules set is far superior so I don't care to break out old rules. Not to mention if I were to start playing with rules from previous editions I'd get things mixed up.

schoon
09-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Play them - no.

Use them as Fluff references - all the time!

Weekend Democracy
09-04-2009, 02:40 PM
I played 3rd, 4th and 5th editions. I most definitely prefer 5th edition. I think it offers the cleanest gaming experience of the three editions I have played while being both tactical and narrative.

Exitus Acta Probat
09-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Play them - no.

Use them as Fluff references - all the time!

I LOVE my collection of 2e 'dexes for reading material.

I like to revisit, but playing them really hurts the old cabeza for rule changes.
I try not to.
I play Inquisitor, or mordheim for old school feel without confusing myself on rules sets. Mostly the material is just read alot. :)

Mike X
09-05-2009, 09:25 PM
I don't play with 4th edition anymore, but there were a few aspects I liked better about it than 5th edition.

Diagnosis Ninja
09-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Well, I played a little of 3rd, 4th for a couple of years, and 5th since it came out. I still reckon that 4th had some cracking ideas, but for now, 5th is good enough.

ChrisW
09-06-2009, 02:34 AM
ha
reading 'previous editions' just sparked a memory of my assault cannons. i remember rolling # of wounds then rolling a d10 per wound.... worked out best when taking out hordes of termigaunts or spattering a carnafex (the good old 'screamer killer' days).

termis cost plenty back then though rare to see a squad of 5 in 1000 pts or less games... and pretty much unheard of to field in squads of 10.

the psyker phase was also pretty messed up, some of the powers were game enders. mind the powers were supposed to be 'randomly rolled' before each game.