PDA

View Full Version : Beating Nobz to death with Gretchin

RocketRollRebel
09-04-2009, 03:41 PM
I used to think that Gretchin were kinda of a neat unit until I was playing against an Ork player and used his own Gretchin to take down a unit of Mega Nobz via combat res. I multi charged the gretchin and a unit of mega nobz with a unit of death company, only attacking the Nobz with one DC marine and the other 7 on the Gretchin. Long story short I won combat by about 10 and ran down the Nobz with out even having to wound one in close combat. I was pretty impressed with how well this worked even tho I lost the game in the end haha Are gretchin more of a liability than a useful unit for Orks? Anyone else have any cheap trick stories like this against other armies?

DarkLink
09-04-2009, 07:47 PM
That was a rather clever move. Attacking the orks where they're weakest: leadership (except for the whole fearless mob thing). I bet he'll be more careful about how he deploys his units in the future.

KnightShift
09-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Ahhhh crud... and I just did finish my first batch of grots for my Ork army. Now I find out that they're potentially a double-edged sword/liability!! :eek:

Chumbalaya
09-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Grots are great, just don't do something stupid like get multi-charged :P

Kudos OP, that's some smart play.

person person
09-05-2009, 01:38 AM
I've seen 2 grots kill 2 terminators in shooting, 2 hits, 2 wounds, FAIL!!!

I'd just sit my grots on an objective, and have some Buzzsaw kopta's decievingly far yet close enough.

Superbran
09-05-2009, 02:16 AM
I like what you did there. Too many people underestimate the usefulness of multi-charging a good CC unit and a crap one. On the flip side, I still think grot's are an amazing choice for there points, even if it didn't work out well for your opponent.

Superbran

RocketRollRebel
09-05-2009, 03:03 AM
Yeah gretchin do have their moments. I've had assault terminators be tied up with them for 2 full turns and I even lost one in the process. Very annoying! Plus the minis and fluff are both awesome so I still have a soft spot for the lil guys:p

That game I mentioned tho was full of loads of random funny things like that(1,250 BA vs Orks). The Mega nobz pretty much took me out turn one thanks to their warp 'ead giving them a first turn waaagh! and charge that wiped out one squad (whos rhino was destroyed by a shock attack gun!) and took out another tac squads rhino. He had first turn btw. But my BA had their own laughs like the shock attack gun blasting a mob of boyz, and my baal predator exploding and causing a different mob of gretchin and a mob of boyz to break due to casualties caused by the blast.

Good times for all!

Commander Vimes
09-06-2009, 06:12 PM
That game I mentioned tho was full of loads of random funny things like that(1,250 BA vs Orks). The Mega nobz pretty much took me out turn one thanks to their warp 'ead giving them a first turn waaagh! and charge that wiped out one squad (whos rhino was destroyed by a shock attack gun!) and took out another tac squads rhino. He had first turn btw. But my BA had their own laughs like the shock attack gun blasting a mob of boyz, and my baal predator exploding and causing a different mob of gretchin and a mob of boyz to break due to casualties caused by the blast.

How did the Mega nobz manage a first turn assault even with fleet?

Grots are great at holding objectives, especially stretching out and holding multiple objectives. But you do have to be careful so multiple assaults don't hurt you.

Xas
09-06-2009, 07:39 PM
How did the Mega nobz manage a first turn assault even with fleet?

Grots are great at holding objectives, especially stretching out and holding multiple objectives. But you do have to be careful so multiple assaults don't hurt you.

they prolly had a transport?

move 13" (red paint), disembark a good 3-4", fleet d6 and charge 6" thats easy your 25" between deployments :)