PDA

View Full Version : Reposing the black dragon?

The Madman
07-24-2011, 06:53 AM
*cue Skyrim theme*

Hey all,

Bought the black dragon kit yesterday as I want a chaos dragon for my army (Tzeentch themed war band) and I’ve got in my mind what I want to do to it to make it chaotic. However the only thing I don’t like about the model is the pose (while I like the pose of the HE but its too good aligned looking for the rider mount).

So I was wondering if anyone has attempted to repose this model or another of similar size and if so how difficult would it be?

The bare minimum to the repose would be moving the tail from between it’s legs and unwrap it from the tree and rock. I was think of re-supporting it using a breath of flames from one of it’s two heads.

Edit: just attached an image that shows the dragon without wings or legs (just the tail, neck and torso) both dry fitted and in separate.

Edit Edit: found a pose that i like, sorry for the small image but its pretty much the same pose except the wings are curved forward and the tail is trailing behind it.

miksaa
07-25-2011, 03:14 AM
I have made some repositioning on the HE dragon, it is important to get the flow of the body right and I found that just boiling water didn't help to make the plastic loose enough to bend.

I will post some pictures later, but I think you are on the right track so hope to see some progress reports when you get starting.

The Madman
08-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the input, I’ve started to cut the pieces and have positioned them into the pose I want below (the wire on the tail won’t be bent until I have got the body in position).

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/Dala_karn/Chaos/Tzeentch/Dragonpose.jpg

And here is my plan as a whole.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/Dala_karn/Chaos/Tzeentch/Dragonposeedit.jpg

The idea is to have the dragon posed performing a strafing run on some poor regiment ( I got some empire state troops spare from a Mordiem war band) with one head breathing mutating flames on them (while the other watches where he’s/their going), corrupting everything it touches. And to counter-balance the weight I’ll use some metal washers, it will also help bulk out the flames hitting the base.

Also had an idea for a alternative for the rider, instead of a throne (or pimp saddle) perhaps a disc platform where the rider instead stands on the disc holding a chain round the neck(s) of the dragon. Similar to the Necropolis Knights.

eldargal
08-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Very promising.