PDA

View Full Version : 2k HE army using what I have

gcsmith
07-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Heya guys So im wanting to make a list with what I have able to pack a punch :) so heres what ive got so far and want any and all C&C.

Lords:
Teclis
lore of shadow

Heroes:
Mage
level 2
silver wand
ring of fury
lore of life

Cardyn however u spell his name. (dont have model yet but can get finecast easy enough) otherwise a noble using althran model

core
2x10 archers
20 seaguard with fc and flame banner

special
20 SM with FC and standard which giefs +1 CR.
ruby ring of ruin

Rare
2x rbt
eagle.

So what do people think what changes etc should I make.

Chronowraith
07-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Not a fan of it personally. It seems to rely way too much on Teclis and the Swordmasters, is easily outflanked, and is otherwise a very static army. Essentially if you don't shoot them to death or magic them to death then you don't have much left to deal with anything that reaches your lines.

Seaguard are overpriced... I wouldn't take them personally. If you want to defend, take spearmen, if you want to shoot things take archers.

Swordmasters, while an incredibly powerful unit, are your sole line of defense if units reach your lines. They will prove of limited use when Tomb King Monsters, Beast Herds, and Sneaky Gutter Runners pop up behind you.

Why an Eagle? Only one will be destroyed by any warmachines it tries to hunt and otherwise it's just there to distract scouts/fast cavalry (although poses only a moderate threat to either).

Honestly, you have too many points sucked up by characters and not enough actual units. Also, I'd drop the magic banner on the Swordmasters (or just change it). +1 Combat resolution just isn't what it used to be and the swordmasters will either win big or lose big.

Dont-Be-Haten
09-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Personally; if it were me, the first thing I would do is give the level 2 the Annulian crystal for 40 points since you can cast a drain magic-esque spell with the Annulian Crystal allowing you to take one PD from your opponent and add it to your DD during each of your opponents magic phases. Because the better chances you have at controlling the magic phase the more likely you are going to win. next maybe have a mage know High Magic so you also have a chance to roll the curse of arrow attraction (and with doubles you get to choose your own spell anyways) which will allow all your shooty army to re-roll misses.

next I would drop the captain of the phoenix guard and 6 sword masters to free up 265 points to allocate elsewhere.

you could add a solid BSB with amulet of light and the armor of caledor + great weapon for 158

Still leaving you 107 points which would free up enough for a 3rd mage maxing out your total character count at 4. A level 1 mage with the silver wand and high magic alongside your annulian crystal user and dropping a banner for the wand. You would just about always control the magic phase.

You could very easily go with 2 chariots of tiranoc or 1 lion chariot instead of a BSB; or increase your regiment of Sea Guard. Those are just my ideas; maybe add a 2nd Great Eagle with the left over points? All up to you.

I might even be so bold as to drop both bolt throwers completely; because the two wounds (albeit the eagle claw can't missfire) are very succeptable to enemy balistics; with that 200 extra add more bodies to a unit count or a 3rd regiment of archers?

Currently my 1725 army has about as many bodies as your 2k does with a few minor exceptions of course.

Hope all this helps!~ :D
-DBH