PDA

View Full Version : Dais of Destruction

The other guy
07-29-2011, 02:43 AM
Can you buy Night Shields, Flicker Fields etc for the Dais of Destruction?

The book says "The Dais of Destruction must begin the game carrying nine models in addition to vect himself. Other than this, it is treated exactly like a raider" page 55

Being treated like a raider, can i now give NS and FF on the AV13 raider?

isotope99
07-29-2011, 03:58 AM
This is in the FAQ as no you can't buy upgrades.:(

Q: Can the Dais of Destruction take any of the vehicle
upgrades available to Raiders? (p82)
A: No.

It also doesn't benefit from the ravager's ability to fire all guns after moving 12"

At that price I would have thought it should include all the raider upgrades built in (woudl also have been cooler), but no.

DrLove42
07-29-2011, 04:47 AM
The Dias is shockingly bad since it can't buy upgrades. Yeah great AV13, but ht ecost of Vect, Dias and 9 guys to ride with makes it not worth it. A lascannon has about a 25% of wrecking it. A railgun has something close to 66% of wrecking it

Vindur
07-29-2011, 05:13 AM
Dr Love. I think your numbers may be a bit off
Rail gun is bs 3 so only 50% to hit it let alone a 66% chance to wreck it.
Not denying that its a terrible choice though. For the same cost just buy a raider and a ravager.

DrLove42
07-29-2011, 05:32 AM
Dr Love. I think your numbers may be a bit off
Rail gun is bs 3 so only 50% to hit it let alone a 66% chance to wreck it.
Not denying that its a terrible choice though. For the same cost just buy a raider and a ravager.

OK...apologies...thats assuming a hit. A twin linked railgun on a broadside has a 75% of hitting.

And i also forgot its not AV10 for a second...whoops. So jsut ignore my poor maths, its pretty much all wrong :P

Except the lascannon bit...i think that right :confused:

And yeah...but a Ravager and a raider...get more firepower

isotope99
07-29-2011, 06:23 AM
Lascannon HIT = 1/3 chance (5+) of penetrating * 1/2 chance (+1 open topped) of wrecking or better
PLUS
1/6 chance (4) of glancing and 1/6 (6) of wrecking

=19.4% per hit or 13% for each BS4 shot. Halve these percentages if you can get some cover

Railgun HIT = 1/2 chance (4+) of penetrating * 2/3 chance (+2 open topped and AP1) of wrecking or better
PLUS
1/6 chance (3) of glancing * 1/3 chance (+2 cancels out -2 from glancing) of wrecking or better

=38.9% or 29% for a twin linked BS3 shot. Again half for cover

This obviously doesn't factor in immobilisation which is still pretty good when the transport is carrying Vect.

A 3 man squad of tau broadsides has a 64.4% chance of killing it (assuming no cover) in one round of firing

A predator annhialator (all lascannons, one twin linked) has a 37.3% chance

Hope that's right.

Point is yes it adds some survivability but it's not invulnerable by any means and with how fast DE are you're probably going to be getting Vect out in turn 2 at the latest anyway. As Dr says, a ravager and an expendable raider is better

fuzzbuket
07-29-2011, 09:48 AM
okay all thisgeek math is wrecking my brain lets just say its squishier than a guardsman and be happy :P