PDA

View Full Version : First game with Space Hulk

Flummer
09-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Well I received my Copy of SH yesterday and me and a friend quickly whipped it all together. We played the first mission in the book and then we switched sides. I have to say this game is absolutely awesome fun. I couldn't believe how intense it got and just the creepiness you get when your the marines. The best part is in the first mission you don't even get to use everything yet. Still can't wait to use the TH SS Sergent or the Librarian and of course the Broodlord.

What has everyone else thought about the game after its official debut yesterday?

Fabricator General
09-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Fantastic! Just like it was nearly 20 years ago...Yes really, its that good and its that old.

I'm working on adding in some old rules that really made the game great such as starting with a 2:30 minute timer. Each Sergeant gives you an additional 30 seconds and if you have a Captain (storm bolter, powersword, and +2 in CC) you get an additional minute. Loss of those models will affect the time you have to complete your moves. Once we get those bugs worked out, we'll add in Hybrids with big guns, Power armored marines, and Chaos.

I'm also nearly finished with a set of tournament rules that will prove to be a hit.

MonsterZero
09-05-2009, 12:58 PM
This is the first time I've played SH, I'm still getting used to all the rules.

What I've found is that the use of overwatch and every single command point available is critical to the marine's success. To not fully use either one usually ends with the marines getting splattered across the bulkheads.

And make sure that your remember that the "Hard to Kill" rule for the Broodlord only applies to shooting and not close assault.

Awesome game!

MZ