PDA

View Full Version : After 2 strikes or so...PP hits it out of the park!

scadugenga
08-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Okay, so I wasn't impressed with the new Circle 'lock, thought Maelok was a bit too GW-derivative, and eAlexia was the best of the so-so lot.

Until this guy showed up on the previews...

http://privateerpress.com/files/imagecache/product_image/products/73058_KallusWEB.jpg

Kallus...simply looks...Bad. ***.

Now that, is a nice sculpt.

Mr.Pickelz
08-01-2011, 10:03 PM
(O.o) he's freaking awesome looking, i don't own Legion but that model will be mine...

Edit: he seems to be looking like a Legion's Butcher...most interesting.

fuzzbuket
08-02-2011, 03:20 AM
hes nice some elements are really amazing (Armour) bus other (the face) are lacking.

and does anyone else think the sword is too thick? it looks like it couldnt slice at all.

-fuzz

SMC
08-02-2011, 03:26 AM
Yeah, I like the body/armor, but the sword ruins it for me. Its way too thick and cartoony. This is a common problem that I have with PP sculpts. Their weapons are just...well...I'll refrain from saying any more lest I be accused of trollling.

scadugenga
08-02-2011, 06:38 AM
Yeah, I like the body/armor, but the sword ruins it for me. Its way too thick and cartoony. This is a common problem that I have with PP sculpts. Their weapons are just...well...I'll refrain from saying any more lest I be accused of trollling.

The weapon sculpts are a disconnect for many, including die-hard warmachine fans. So don't worry o'er much.

A lot of it reminds me of a steampunk version of Final Fantasy VII weaponry. :)

wittdooley
08-02-2011, 06:50 AM
Agree. Leaps and bounds better than the past two turds.

Also, have you guys all heard any more on what PP will have at GenCon? I'm hearing the new Hordes Warlocks, including the two aformentioned lumps o metal. Anyone hear differently?

eldargal
08-02-2011, 07:01 AM
I think it looks like an 80s cartoon character villain. This is not a bad thing, it is a nice model. Not great, in my opinion, but nice. Not as nice as that skanky Cryx girl.:rolleyes:

thetallest
08-02-2011, 03:42 PM
I think it looks like an 80s cartoon character villain. This is not a bad thing, it is a nice model. Not great, in my opinion, but nice. Not as nice as that skanky Cryx girl.:rolleyes:

Not a big fan either Eldrgal.

Lord Azaghul
08-02-2011, 04:03 PM

I was going more FF villan - still kind a like it - not getting circle but it looks cool.

scadugenga
08-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Haven't heard anything but the warlocks for sale this Gencon.

Though I bet you'll be able to see the Hordes Battle Engines (or whatever they're calling them) in the display cases.

What I'm really going to miss about not getting to GC this year is the Spartan booth:

The Magenta flying battleship for sale. The option of having a character designed after you (the fleet box random prize thingamabob) and not to mention the very cool looking CoA Naval & Ground fleets.

Plus Wyrd.

Gah. Did I mention I hate not getting to gencon this year? :)