PDA

View Full Version : What are you pushing around the Tabletop ATM?

RandomX
09-05-2009, 12:28 PM
So what kind of armies are people running right now? Or what are you working on?

Personally I am hammering through some Dawi and my Chaos project (which is more modeling then serious tabletop army).

Kind of want to maybe do up a "Heavy" Black Orc force too. Maybe for Warbands or something.

-Eric

Aldramelech
09-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Ebaying like mad a 1500 point dwarf army. Got some good bargins already :)

a ghost
09-05-2009, 01:49 PM
I played VC in a recent tournament. I prefer VC for competitive play and because I can fit them to my favorite fluff theme (the Wild Hunt).

I also play Dwarfs and O&G in casual play.

The AKH
09-05-2009, 05:28 PM
My main gaming army is my Space Marines at the moment. I have Guard and Eldar which I need to finish up, and another Guard army in the works. My Necrons are shelved for the moment until I can get more models for them (which probably won't happen unless they get a new codex as well! :P)

RocketRollRebel
09-05-2009, 08:24 PM
I've got a small dwarf army that doesnt get much love from me :(. I'm more of a 40k player I guess but mostly since we dont play much whfb out my way and I haven't really played enough consistently to get the rules and game mechanics down enough to really get into it. Maybe its the army lol. I dunno. I have WHFB malaise I guess. Whats the cure!??! hahaha

HammerofVaul
09-05-2009, 09:10 PM
My main force right now is High Elves, but I'm starting Warriors. Warriors are mostly gonna be a painting project though, at least for now.

Randroid
09-06-2009, 09:26 AM
- Ogre Kingdoms
- Vampire Counts
- Warriors of Chaos
- sometimes Dwarfs

BilboBaggins
09-06-2009, 09:42 PM
OK, I'm a little odd.

I use Chaos Dwarfs (Up to 3000 points) and Slayer Army of Karak Kadrin (up to 2500 Points).

Carly
09-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Am I the only one giving the lizards some love? Well with the more recent book, I would say yes.

They are my main army at 7,000pts but I also have a Beasts of Chaos army. I can make that 2,000pts but only if I really push on magic items and expensive marks. The beasts are on hold until the new book comes out (and I may be waiting a while I fear) but they are still fun to mess around with every now and then.

Good for Mordhiem too.

floppy
09-07-2009, 08:24 PM
I push Chaos Deamons around now, but I have a lizardmen, Dwarf, and Bret army's as well.

Aenir
09-08-2009, 07:41 AM
well i have SM/Empire

I am working on the empire reinforcement box, and flagellants are a pain to assemble

RocketRollRebel
09-08-2009, 09:32 PM
OK, I'm a little odd.

I use Chaos Dwarfs (Up to 3000 points) and Slayer Army of Karak Kadrin (up to 2500 Points).

Two very sweet (and expensive!) armies! Cheers to you sir! :D

You should probably make a thread with pictures. Just saying... haha

BilboBaggins
09-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Two very sweet (and expensive!) armies! Cheers to you sir! :D

You should probably make a thread with pictures. Just saying... haha

Actually I got deals on the armies via trades with friends. I also have an Empire and regular Dwarf armies.

Great another site wanting the pictures. :D

My Chaos Dwarf army is in the first issue of The Doom Seeker (http://issuu.com/thedoomseeker/docs/thedoomseeker1) webzine as well on a few other web sites. The Slayer army is on The New Slayer Brotherhood. I think both are on Dogs of War Online.

I'll round up the image locations again I'll post them here.

RocketRollRebel
09-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Actually I got deals on the armies via trades with friends. I also have an Empire and regular Dwarf armies.

Great another site wanting the pictures. :D

My Chaos Dwarf army is in the first issue of The Doom Seeker (http://issuu.com/thedoomseeker/docs/thedoomseeker1) webzine as well on a few other web sites. The Slayer army is on The New Slayer Brotherhood. I think both are on Dogs of War Online.

I'll round up the image locations again I'll post them here.

Grats sir! Nice looking stuff!

To keep the thread going tho I am considering a High Elf Army

BilboBaggins
09-08-2009, 10:31 PM
My wife has a Lizard. Orc and Goblin and Bretonnian armies, but they haven't been on the table in a while.

BTW: I did post images of my Slayers and Chaos Dwarfs a few minutes ago.

Gilean1
09-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Im pushing a Warriors list currently. Got tired of Demons.

I've brought the Skaven out of retirement with anticipation of the new book recently too.

I have a Dark Elf army on the back burner taking up thought processes that should be used for work :D

*answers phone call" Ok back to work for me ;)

L192837465
09-10-2009, 01:52 PM
I am working on a post-apocalyptic nuclear-punk Skaven army. Think steam punk, but with nuclear generators.

Skitter Skitter!

The 13 shall unite.

Faultie
09-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm running an all-cavalry Kislevite force, with converted Galloper Guns to represent light steppe cannons.
At 2000-2500, I pull in Tzar Boris (awesome for mulching enemy units) or Tzarina Katarin (for MAGIC!)
Hireling Wizard on a Horse helps too, but I'd rather have cannons.

I'm planning on copying an idea I saw and customizing some large-based Bear Cavalry, and use "counts-as" Ironguts or Golgfag's Ogres. Could be neat.

rabscutle
09-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Right now running Warriors. I've been out of Fantasy for so long, I'm going to take The Big Deal's advice and learn the army in and out before I jump to anything different.

Servant
09-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Currently in the planning stage for a themed Empire Army. Theme is, ARMOR. Meaning, two blocks of Swordsmen, one of Greatswords, Pistoliers and lots of Knights led by a couple of Warrior Priests and a Grand Master. With a Steam Tank on top.

thetallest
09-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Currently rampaging with Dark Elves atm while waiting for the Skaven book to come out.

Bork
09-17-2009, 01:15 AM
just got my VC onto the table after retiring my chaos warriors army. enjoying them alot more.

Lord Azaghul
09-17-2009, 09:18 AM
If I play any more its pretty much dwarves or nothing - my favorate army - but they just aren't as 'tough' as they used to be!

the9ravan
09-17-2009, 09:10 PM
currently working on my Dogs of War army ( Go mercenaries!!!)