PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a Warriors of Chaos Army

Magos
09-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Well, I would rather like to do a Warriors of Chaos Army. Im not really interested in being the most hyper competitive army around, and I want something that would be fun to paint. (Not Nurgle). Anyway, I at the moment plan to purchase the following.

I own
1 Box of Warriors

Soon to purchase

1 Warriors of Chaos Battalion Box.

I would like to have a Tzeentch/Khorne army. Not fluffly, but they have the units I rathe rlike. Anyway, suggestions for what else to get?

khornelord0129
09-05-2009, 07:52 PM
For part of your khorne army i would have a khorne lord on juggernaught. Its an awesome piece to paint and a great gaming model. Then i would have a couple of tzeentch sorcerers as back up. The battalion is a great starting box, its almost got 800 pts alone in it. But good start to the army though.

HammerofVaul
09-05-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm just starting Warriors, and just picked up a box of Marauder Horsemen. Great looking models and from what I've seen amazing on the table.

RazorMind
09-05-2009, 10:17 PM
frenzied Chaos knights for sure, and a Tzeentch Lord on disc always rocks!!

Magos
09-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Seems like very sound suggestions. Oh, and also, this is my first foray into fantasy.

The Tzeentch Lord on a disk looks awsome. Quick question though, is the Tzeentch Lord a Mage?

Right now, when I get paid at the end of the month, I will definatly pick up a Battalion Box and Tzeentch Lord on a Disk.

Grabnutz
09-06-2009, 01:43 AM
Just one suggestion... Nurgle. Who needs all that overly-serious Khorne and Tzeentch nonsense when jolly Father Nurgle will make every battle an uphill slog for your opponent.

Magos
09-06-2009, 01:22 PM
I've thought about it, but Nurgle seems horribly boring to paint.

Grabnutz
09-07-2009, 01:28 PM
I've thought about it, but Nurgle seems horribly boring to paint.

Boring? Nothing could be further from the truth my young nurgling :D

Not everything is green y'know...think of the pus, the boils, slime, cracked and blistering skin, rust, decay, septic blood, bone weaponry (all my Knights weapons are painted as bone), the festering sores... oh I could go on but the nurse has come to take me for my medication....

Dark_Templar
09-08-2009, 08:00 PM
I desperately want a Nurgle Warriors of Chaos army but have two issues:

The Khorne Lord on Jugger is just too awesome.

The Nurgle Champion is absolutely ugly and undynamic.

I have considered a Khorne / Nurgle army, which would give me the best of both worlds, but combined marks just doesnt sit right with me (no problem with others doing it, I just prefer not).

Thoughts?

Magos
09-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Well, what would people recommend I get for the basics beyond the following

Battalion
Tzeenthc Lord
Khorne Lord
Box of Chaos Warriors
Box of Chaos Knights

rabscutle
09-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Marauders on Foot and on Horseback are really useful. Chaos Warriors end up being really expensive points wise. They make great screens for your frenzied Knights.

Nurgle magic, especially at low level is good stuff. Also don't discount the Palaquin as a mount for them, 6 Poison attacks aren't bad.

Slaanesh is a GREAT mark because of how much in the game causes Fear/Terror. Also its cheap.

Grabnutz
09-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Well, what would people recommend I get for the basics beyond the following

Marauder Cavalry.