PDA

View Full Version : Another Opinion of 40k

dmlachap
09-05-2009, 07:19 PM
I was quite shocked when I first read this, but it does show some interesting viewpoints of the 40k hobby.

Here it is!http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Warhammer_40,000

I hope you find it interesting - best part is, if you find something out right wrong, then you can change it.

Mike X
09-05-2009, 07:50 PM
I was quite shocked when I first read this, but it does show some interesting viewpoints of the 40k hobby.

Here it is!http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Warhammer_40,000

I hope you find it interesting - best part is, if you find something out right wrong, then you can change it.

Encyclopedia Dramatica is founded on negative descriptions that rip and tear into subjects to incite anger. It's basically just a troll headquarters.

It's a trick though, as most of the writing on there is so true to the fluff and mechanics that it shows whoever wrote it is actually a player. Same can be said about other topics found on there.

Some people just like to instigate, even if it means insulting themselves in the process.

Shallowain
09-05-2009, 08:18 PM
I kind off like to read the ecyclopedia dramatica. It is a good satire of wikipedia and the real world and well, everything else. Nobody should take them too serious.

dmlachap
09-05-2009, 08:38 PM
The article is mostly complete crap, but this little blurb I found funny (despite being somewhat obscene).

"Throughout the majority of human history, any military unit labeled "imperial" or "guard" has generally been of superior quality and capable of dishing out the pwn on everyone else. In the fagged up universe of 40K, the profusion of furry monsters, man eating euro****s and random killing machines render the best that humanity has to offer (Space Marines and any other persons with steroid counts above 80% of Barry Bonds levels don't count) mere cannon fodder. The Imperial Guard of Man is devoted to the emperor and proud of losing billions of men from a million worlds each day in defense of the Imperium. The Communists just wish they could lose this many men in battle."

entendre_entendre
09-06-2009, 02:20 AM
is it just me or does this guy seriously hate asians?
the strange thing is, he actually kinda knows what he's talking about, albeit in a troll/uber1337 way, unlike much of the 40k hate out there. makes you wonder what happened...

Schnitzel
09-06-2009, 03:05 AM
I find myself rather disapointed that some one is so pathetic they're write a hate-monger peice of crap like that. The sheer number of racial slurs is disheartening.

Denzark
09-06-2009, 04:01 AM
I find myself rather disapointed that some one is so pathetic they're write a hate-monger peice of crap like that. The sheer number of racial slurs is disheartening.

I read this through and followed a lot of links. At the same time as using racial slurs (unacceptable) this site also rips into neo-****s.

Quite simply, he is going out to shock and cause controversy by saying what the hell he likes with no qualms about political correctness, amusing in some ways.

Don't rise to it with your offence, just discard the 'shocking for the sake of shocking' and enjoy some of the sharp irony and sarcasm.

This obviously comes from the country that gave us Jerry Springer so shouldn't be surprised really...

Aldramelech
09-06-2009, 06:31 AM
I think somebody needs a hug! :)

Xas
09-06-2009, 07:39 AM
I want the 5hours of my life back...

please?

the site is so full of not-so-but-really-quite-funny **** that I couldnt stop reading.

Anthony Yeates
09-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Encyclopedia Dramatica is for me an amusing site to browse, I always imagine that it's written by bankers in posh suits on their lunch breaks, completly changing who they are for the 'ne, and that makes it a hundred times more entertaning.