PDA

View Full Version : Gor-Rok

Bibbums
08-11-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm looking to start a 1000-1500pt army, steadily and is wondering whether to take gor-rok or tooled up scar veteran. If so 4 scar veteran, any good combos?
Many thanks,
Bibbums

Taipan
03-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Don't take Gor-Rok, you can make a better Scar-Vet yourself. None of the Lizardmen characters really work as intended, they were overcosted to begin with and the age of the book is starting to show. Just wait till we get an update, hopefully they'll rewrite at least some of them to be useful/fairly costed.

Depends on how expensive you wanna go, and what you want him to do, I have three or four builds I use from time to time;

Cheap:
- Halberd, light armour

Character assassin
- Piranha Blade, light armour, Enchanted Shield, Potion of Speed
- Burning Blade, Dragonhelm, light armour, shield, Potion of Strength

Brawler:
- Halberd, Talisman of Preservation, light armour, Potion of Speed

Which you use depends on what units you have. I tend to use the character assassins in Temple Guard blocks (as bodyguards to the Slann, as the Revered Guardian is a waste of points), whilst the cheap halberdier I put into Saurus blocks to give them a decent fighter for challenges.

The brawler is for games where I can't fit in a Slann, but I need someone else to be BSB still (as when stacked with Cold Blooded it's so OP). Thats the only time I'd bother protecting the Scar-Vet with anything other than maxing armour, they're cheap and disposable combat heroes.