PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse formation precedence Question

Denzark
08-16-2011, 04:01 AM
Hey all

Before I ask this question, can I ask you to bear in mind one caveat - the answer I am looking for is NOT 'Its apocalypse you can do what you like!'

Now, I know it is clearer in vanilla40K what codex has precedence, when DH/WH were 'upgraded' etc. We are clear that Codex armageddon doesn't sit wth 5th ed.

But what about apoc datasheets? Some of these appear in the main apoc book, and then have been updated in later IA Apocs, Apoc reloaded or even on the GW website.

A sheet in question is the Shadowsword - one version has an option for changing Lascannons to targeters, on one version the targeters are standard with no option.

So, do I:

1. Use the latest book and count back or

2. Assume the website is correct or

3. Be uber-anal and check publish dates of book against revision date on website (balls)

or just do as I please because it is apoc (aaaargh)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Grailkeeper
08-16-2011, 05:02 AM
I'd imagine that the website was published after the book and would be the most up to date.

SotonShades
08-16-2011, 05:51 AM
If i remember correctly, the datasheet on the website was first, so I'd go with the latest book. If in doubt, just check with your opponant. If the points are the same for the Shadowsword with targetters on both datasheets, I doubt they'll mind which you use. Can't remember exactly what targetters do, but I imagine some opponants would prefer them to two extra lascannon, while others may prefer you not to have whatever improvement the targetter give.

In either case, I doubt the difference will make a huge impact on the overall outcome of the game, so just have fun :)

Wildeybeast
08-16-2011, 06:21 AM
I'd be anal and check which has the latest publication date - that is going to be most UTD and therefore the current 'official' rules. But that's just me, Sotonshades probably has the easiest option of checking with your opponent before each game.

Archon
08-16-2011, 06:29 AM
I think what you mean ist the Shadowsword sheet in the FW IA Apocalypse Book and the (later issued) sheet for the Shaodowsword/Stormblade Kit.

For my understanding it is okay to use both variants because neither in the WD-articel or in the following sheet on the website where mentioned that one version is out of date.

See it simply: If you have an FW Shadowsword - follow the IA Book, if you have the GW Kit follow the pdf. If you want to put lascannns on your FW variant, feel free to do it (i would prefer the targetes, cause for the killy-5" template it is important to land correct).

I assume the new sheet for the sword is simply made to fit the new plastic-kit. The existence of the former sheet is simply ignored or forgotten by GW.

History of the Shadowsword (as far as i remember):

1. FW full Resinkit
2. FW Resin/Plasic-Kit
3. GW full Plastic-Kit

So i fear the answer is: Do what you wilt:cool:

dannyat2460
08-16-2011, 07:44 AM
Depends how long you have to prepare your list before the game a few weeks be anal about it and make people use the most up to date if you dont have the time to do it count it down to a warp starm and you end up with formations from different time lines I personaly find appocalypse works better without the many many datasheets tho

fuzzbuket
08-16-2011, 09:52 AM
someones trying to play seriously in apoc?!

HERSEY!

seriously look at the details, in one targeters give +1 BS in the other they do something diffrent.