PDA

View Full Version : Placing begining blips

Angelic Despot
09-06-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm a bit puzzled as to how this works. In some missions the 'stealer player begins with say 2 blips.

What does s/he do with them? Are they placed, lurking until the first stealer turn, so that you bring on 4 blips in your turn?

Or do you move them on / convert them and bring them on exactly as you would if it was your turn but before the marine player's first turn?

We've been playing it the second way, but I'm not sure about it.

hereticus
09-07-2009, 02:39 AM
when you start your first turn you start with the number of blips specified in the mission breifing.

Angelic Despot
09-07-2009, 12:06 PM
when you start your first turn you start with the number of blips specified in the mission breifing.

But what does that mean, in practice? If the mission briefing says I get 2 reinforcement blips per turn, that's obvious. I bring the two blips on during the genestealer turn (reinforcement phase).

But if the mission says (some do, some don't) that the genestealer player starts with 2 blips, when do these get deployed? Are they held back and brought on with your two regular reinforcement blips (so you'd have 4 blips in your first turn)? Or do you move them on to the board (or lurk) before the space marine player's first turn? Presumably after the terminators have deployed, but before they have moved?

hereticus
09-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Bah, now you are just confusing things :P

I always just interpreted it as "On turn one you start with X number of blips. Every turn after that you recieve X number of reinforcement blips" It just seemed like the common sense way to read the rule. Now I'm going to have to sit down and study the crap out of it until my brain hurts.

Dj Batman
09-08-2009, 12:58 AM
The way we played it for the suicide mission was two blips started lurking at whatever entry points we liked the same way as the marines were setup.

Then the game starts and the marines take their turn.

then in the stealers turn they lurk two more blips. (now there are four blips lurking) and with these blips we could bring on and move which ever ones we felt like.

rev
09-09-2009, 04:15 AM
I intepret this to mean that the stealer player starts with 2 blips which he has to choose an entrance for, and then gets two reinforcement blips in his first turn.

this means he gets 4 in his first turn, two of which have to move on from the purple arrows they were deployed by, the other 2 can come on through any available stealer point.

I searched for a rule stating that the stealer player doesn't get reinforcements in first turn, but couldn't find it.

Rev

Gir
09-09-2009, 07:41 AM
When you start with a certain amount of blips (say 2), you recive them after the marines have deployed, but before they make there first move. So you would set the board up, marines would deploy, stealers would take 2 blips and put them as if they where lurking at 2 entry points, then the marines would have thier turn, then the stealers would take there turn allocation of blips (say 2 for this example), and place them at entry points. they can then move all 4 blips as normal.

Commander Dante
03-15-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm a bit puzzled as to how this works. In some missions the 'stealer player begins with say 2 blips.

What does s/he do with them? Are they placed, lurking until the first stealer turn, so that you bring on 4 blips in your turn?

Or do you move them on / convert them and bring them on exactly as you would if it was your turn but before the marine player's first turn?

We've been playing it the second way, but I'm not sure about it.

Starting blips are the blips that you draw (randomly)and place (strategically), BEFORE THE VERY FIRST MARINE TURN.

This means that on the very first 'Stealer turn, they draw whatever additional blips are specified in the mission.

For example, you may have 2 Starting Blips, and 1 Blip Per Turn (giving you a total of 3 blips coming out of entry areas the first turn, with one to follow each turn thereafter).