PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Trader Tournament

Young Gunz
08-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Rogue Trader Tournament
W/Custom Mission At Local GW

Gametype: store used same gametype for each game, 3 objectives spread throughout the middle over 12" away from another. Middle gets D3 points instead of one. Annihilation, and +2 for Killing enemy HQ

My List
Blood Angels-2000

Sanguinor
Chaplain
Furioso Librarian
x2 Sanguinary Priests*
x7 Death company
Assault Squad*
Razorback w/TL Lascannon
Assault Squad*
Razorback w/TL Lascannon
10x Assault Squad
Rhino
Melta Attack Bike
Melta Attack Bike
Predator w/Lascannons

Game 1- BA Vs. BA
For the first game I played David Light:

List:
Librarian
x3 priests
x3 assault squads
x3 razorbacks
Assault squad
Predator
Predator
Baal
Baal

Turn 1
He got to go first and I did full reserve. **
He positioned his army.
Turn 2
He moved out his vehicles and popped smoke on all of them.*
My turn I got one razorback, rhino, the dreadnought, and both bikes on. I shot and did no damage to any vehicles.

Turn 3*
He blew up my rhino, shook my dreadnought, and wound each bike once. He then preceded to assault my squad of ten marines and one bike. We both did absolutely no wounds to each other and tied combat.
I then got my Redeemer(popped smoke), Predator, and last razorback on. For shooting I shook a anti tank pred and took the assault cannon off a razorback. When it came to assaulting we had the one combat going on an continued to do nothing to each other.

Turn 4
David *moved his assault marines in front of my Redeemer, then moved the rest of his vehicles in place to pick off my razorbacks. Shooting, David penetrated the redeemer w/ his marines and I passed my cover, them glanced it w/ a assault cannon and weapon destroyed it, and then shook my dread again. For combat his bikes took one wound and he passes moral.*
My turn I finally get Sanguinor in and put him next to the assault marines, then backed up the redeemer and unloaded the Death Company 1" away from him. Slid my Pred over and got line of sight on his Librarian razorback
For shooting I double-whammy his Lib. Razorback by hooding his cover, then lascannoned his unit and blew up the razorback killing zero people. In combat I finally killed his bikes, then death company and Sanguinor went in and killed the assault squad and priest (massive overkill).

Turn 5*
His turn one Melta squad maoves up blows up the redeemer,*
Bottom 5: death company chase after the melta squa that killed their landraider. Sanguinor and the immobile razorback unit go after an assault cannon razorback. The attack bike blows up a Baal predator while the large assault squad moves after the left objective and the dreadnaught assaults his librarian squad, winning combat and breaking their morale. They flee far enough to regroup next turn.

Top 6:
He brings the librarian back and with his units melta and a auto/las pred gets both arms from the dreadnaught. His center assault squad shoots and assaults the melta unit and breaks them. Sanguinor takes a wound from shooting. He positions a razorback for the death company to chase and wrecks a razorback with it's gun.
Bottom 6: sanguinor charges the assault squad on the middle objective that broke the melta unit. Deathcompany kill the razorback and the large assault squad fails a charge on the libraians unit.

Top 7:
*He secures the left objective by blocking it with a Baal predator. He in a priest alone out to lead the deathcompany astray. He shoots the last razorback dead but fails to get the dreadnaught. Sanguinor finishes the assault squad off
Bottom 7. The large assault squad kills the librarians unit and takes the right objective. The injured melta unit takes the center objective and death company manage to shoot the priest to death.
Overall a 18-10 victory on combined killpoints and objective points, my favor

Game 2 BA Vs. GK
Second game played was against Kuyo*

List: (in my opinion this was a great fluff list)
Draigo
Librarian
10 paladins (combat squads)
2 paladins
Stormraven
3 Rifleman dread

Deployment
I got first turn and split my forces into three squads.
He had his all on his board edge and scouted

Turn 1
I moved up all of my units, shot and did nothing.
He moved up his Stormraven, and squad of paladins. In his shooting he blew up my rhino, shook my razorback, *and took the Autocannon off my Pred. No combat

Turn 2
I moved up my forces let out my death company 2" away from his librarian, paladin squad. Shooting, I weapon destroyed one of his riflemans twice, and shook another. Combat, I charged in w/death company and put a wound on each model, and killed two, he killed one marine based on bad rolling, failed leadership, I didn't catch him, an he ran away 4".*
His turn they ran more and moved the Draigo squad out of his Stormraven and put them 1" away from my assault marines. Shooting, he killed four assault marines and blew up the Pred. Combat ended w/ him killing my assault marines then in another combat killing 5 of my death company marines w/2 paladins and 2 auto dreads.

Turn 3
Moved my razorbacks on the middle and side objective, put Sanguinor in range of Draigo squad, and furioso in range of death company combat.
Shooting I immobilized and weapon destroyed his one dread not in combat and blew up his Stormraven. Combat Sanguinor did and dealt wounds, he passed his leadership, and my death company squad died while my furioso blew up a dreadnought.
His turn he killed Sanguinor, in the other combat I killed a paladin.

Turn 5, 6, & 7
In these turns, it was basically a stalemate where his squad of 2 paladins die, he kills one of my attack bikes, and I hold two objectives getting 3 for that game
Overall a 13-9 score, my favor.

Game 3 BA VS. Nids
This game I played Travis, a local player.

List:
Hive Tyrant
Swarmlord
3 hive guard
3 hive guard
3 zoanthropes
10 gaunts
Tervigon
2 trygons

Deployment*
I got first turn and did a bunker deployment on one of my table edges.
He set up across from me then stole initiative.

Turn 1
He moved up his units and pooped out some gaunts. Blew Autocannon off and shook my Pred. My turn I moved out staying a good way away, I shoot and do a wound to his Tervigon*

Turn 2
His Trygons both pop up, his gaunts come up from the flank, he moves up, and more gaunts are pooped out. Shooting he blows up my redeemer and my razorback.*
My turn I move my rhino closer to the furthest objective which the outflanking gaunts were holding. Sanguinor and my furioso get in range of both Trygons for combat, and my death company move towards the zoanthropes. Shooting I kill one hive guard, wound a Trygons once and kill a zoanthrope. For combat I charge and kill the zoanthropes w/death company,
Force weapon a Trygon w/ my furioso barely passing my test rolling a 10 w/three dice. Then Sanguinor puts 2 wounds on the other while taking one wound.

Turn 3, 4, & 5
These 3 turns nothing really happens other than he stops pooping gaunts because of doubles, he charges death company on 3 and finishes them off after 3 turns based on bad roles. I killed the flanking gaunts*and hold objective. I kill his hive tyrant, I finish off one squad of hive guard, and kill another hive guard. Sanguinor dies by Trygon, which is killed by Melta shot.

Turn 6
He moves his swarmlord and Tervigon towards a squad of five then assaults in killing 2 marines while I put a wound on him(based on*awful rolling on his part). At the end of his turn I have one more point than him, while he holds the middle and another objective.
My turn I move and contest the side objective. And hold down the swarmlord unit an Tervigon for another turn by luck.*
Overall 13-11 score my favor

At the end of it David got first because of a perfect Score his last game w/51pts, while I got second w/44pts