PDA

View Full Version : Leaked Space Wolves

Dia
09-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Saw these images floating around and was curious why they weren't posted here yet.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Slade1a/dba0c123.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Slade1a/d971bcee.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Slade1a/1cd8029d.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Slade1a/ebf2d65f.jpg

Dia
09-06-2009, 11:06 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Slade1a/25bdb247.jpg

El Scotcho
09-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those guys look so friggin cool. Damn there goes everyone elses christmas presents.

person person
09-06-2009, 11:26 PM
I LITERALLY looked and felt the 'dex yesterday, and all of thse mini's were in there. I also saw the blood claw/ everything sprue, 35-ish heads half of them were hilarious, one had a HUGE mustache, another had sideburns that stuck out like wings. Alot of them looked cool to, e.g. mohawks!!!

Guytholimew
09-07-2009, 12:18 AM
They look so, so cool. But you're right, how come the main BOLS page hasn't shown these guys yet? o.O

Oh, maybe it's out of courtesy to GW, who don't want the public to see them yet? Who knows...

Big Jim
09-07-2009, 12:24 AM
They are posted here in the Space Wolf Omnibus thread, below. ;)

mysterex
09-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Interesting, they produce chapter specific plastic kits for both tactical marines and terminators but don't bother giving them shoulder pads with raised chapter symbols sculpted on.

The figures are nice but I'd give up the endless unhelmeted heads for the pads, well painted pads look much better than transfers.

Of top of which leaving your helmet off is just asking for a lasgun in the face ;)- these guys are meant to be heavily armoured.

Johan
09-07-2009, 03:54 AM
Nice terminators. I'd almost start a space wolf army for those.

themurphyfella
09-07-2009, 03:56 AM
Oh man.
I like most of the stuff on there but that big wolf I'm sorry to say does not inspire me. Shame since the rider is just excellent.

Going to have to try and figure out some alternative for that

Brimstone
09-07-2009, 04:04 AM
Saw these images floating around and was curious why they weren't posted here yet.

Floating around eh, would be nice if you gave credit to the source like the other thread does. ;)

energongoodie
09-07-2009, 04:31 AM
WOW!!!! I can't wait to buy the lot!
Except the two characyers at the top. I have never really liked the wolverine character at the top, and this new fella with the plasma pistol looks pretty limp wristed and is the spitting image of Mick Hucknell, the lead singer from simply Red.
Don't really want my army lead by a crap northern monkey pop star thanks. How did this bobbins miniature slip through the net of quality control?!?!?!?! It looks awful!!

Want the wolf rider now!!!

Fantomex
09-07-2009, 04:49 AM
Interesting, they produce chapter specific plastic kits for both tactical marines and terminators but don't bother giving them shoulder pads with raised chapter symbols sculpted on.

The figures are nice but I'd give up the endless unhelmeted heads for the pads, well painted pads look much better than transfers.

Well, there is always this option:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/spacew.htm

Warfare
09-07-2009, 04:58 AM
Guess the rumours about 'no thunder hammers' was wrong then...

Also, if the rumours about terminators as troops is true, the mixed squad is just rubbing salt into the wounds for deathwing players.

oldone
09-07-2009, 06:09 AM
well the terimtors look awesome:D and that is one big and very strong wolf(image lifting a space wolf on your back)

TSINI
09-07-2009, 06:12 AM
Oh man.
I like most of the stuff on there but that big wolf I'm sorry to say does not inspire me. Shame since the rider is just excellent.

Going to have to try and figure out some alternative for that

i'm glad to see the wolf rider, although ive already got plans to mount them on lizards instead, its going to be a simple transition to make them dragon marines instead of space wolves.

now to sell my old space wolves! if i can bear to see them go, which i imagine i can't!

Ghoulio
09-07-2009, 07:20 AM
For the most part it looks like they did an amazing job with the new models (Njal particularly looks amazing...a MILLION times better then the old one lol)...but man oh man I cannot put into words how RETARDED the wolf rider guy looks lol. What an absurd concept in a game that is supposed to be 40k years in the future. Grats to you wolf players...hopefully the new nids early next year are just as good :)

Dia
09-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Floating around eh, would be nice if you gave credit to the source like the other thread does. ;)

Well, isn't my face red at not having seen them in the other thread.

But I actually didn't get these from Warseer as is credited by Big Jim (though that's probably were they originated). I thought they'd be floating around various places and simply, as I stated originally, wondered why they'd not found their way onto these forums.

Apologies if I stepped on anyone's toes. :o

In any case, I can't wait to get ahold of these bits.

Levitas
09-07-2009, 09:17 AM

This probably has a lot to do with SW fluff, where instead of a chapter badge the great company wears the totem of their wolf lord on the left shoulder pad. So they are all different. The wolves just love to be so non-codex :)

MetalStorm4786
09-07-2009, 09:20 AM
yay...more marines

emperorsaxe
09-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Those are some amazing looking minis. Once again Juan Diaz has done his sculpting magic simply amazing job. I have a birthday coming up in november I wonder what will be on the wish list....................... :)
Respects, Emperorsaxe

RandomX
09-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Uhhhhh.....

That wolf riding character is horrid. Simply horrid. The other models are alright, and live up to what you would expect.

But that rider is dumb.

-Eric

edit: A buddy of mine just walked in, saw the pic of the model on the screen, and asked me why that marine was riding a huge cat. Awesome.

MonsterZero
09-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I have to agree. My first thought was "WTF is that?!?!?!" when I saw the wolf rider. It may be the new uber unit in 40K but you'd never see me field that model. The rider isn't too bad, but the wolf is terribly ugly.

I will say that those terminators will replace the Blood Angels in my Space Hulk games. :)

MZ

warpcrafter
09-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Isn't there an HQ choice that will allow you to take wolf guard terminators as troops? It that is true, That will be the only item on my christmas list. Also, I like the wolf rider. They need more of that sort of stuff in 40K, it's starting to get a little stale.

oni
09-07-2009, 04:52 PM
WOW!

I'm not sure what to think of that massive wolf.

BlackVise
09-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Isn't there an HQ choice that will allow you to take wolf guard terminators as troops? It that is true, That will be the only item on my christmas list. Also, I like the wolf rider. They need more of that sort of stuff in 40K, it's starting to get a little stale.

Logan Grimnar let's you take WG as troops.

person person
09-08-2009, 11:37 AM
*loads plasma cannons*

Just as planned...

foostoofoo
09-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Even better the new Space Wolves wolf pack on the GW just popped up

www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=4300007a

Dia
09-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Nice.

Yeah, I'm definitely getting some of the new SW boxes.

oni
09-08-2009, 12:06 PM
I've finally concluded what I think about that big a$$ wolf.

It's Narnia meets 40K.

Dia
09-08-2009, 12:22 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Slade1a/ForNarnia.jpghttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Slade1a/warhammer-40k-eternal-battle.jpg

Pictures to scale.

2wierd
09-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Actually, they were posted in the SW Omnibus thread. We were compiling all SW info there so as to not have 300 SW threads. :P

Farmer
09-09-2009, 04:55 AM
They look so, so cool. But you're right, how come the main BOLS page hasn't shown these guys yet? o.O

Oh, maybe it's out of courtesy to GW, who don't want the public to see them yet? Who knows...

Well GW do a certainly good job hiding their new products:rolleyes:.

The West Coast Knight
09-09-2009, 08:17 AM

Of top of which leaving your helmet off is just asking for a lasgun in the face ;)- these guys are meant to be heavily armoured.

In Space wolf fluff they hate wearing helmets and will always go without whenever they can.
There sense of smell goes away when they have to were the helmets so they go without.
This is why you get all those wonderful heads.
Plus you can use them on Scouts and Long Fangs.

Brother Wolf
09-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Ordinarily I hate having to paint un-helmeted SM heads. My Black Templars have few, if any, exposed heads. But my Space Wolves have loads and loads of them, (probably explaining why so few are painted *grin*). I do count 15 pads on that frame for 5 models. Not great, but it's pretty decent. I already have so many puppies from the last go 'round, but this sprue does look pretty hot. I might have to squeeze one in. Nice to see the lightning claws and a shield on the frame as well.

Partner from another forum is a store manager and has already managed to post up an 1850 list. Looks damn sweet. They kept most of the good stuff and sprinkled in enough new hotness to make you salivate. Talk about Pavlov's dogs!

vipernyc
09-09-2009, 03:04 PM
I;m really looking forward to getting this kit... not only will I have a solid core for the army, I'll have enough spares to do something with all the leftover vanilla SM stuff I've accumulated over the years.

MajorSoB
09-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Guess the rumours about 'no thunder hammers' was wrong then...

Also, if the rumours about terminators as troops is true, the mixed squad is just rubbing salt into the wounds for deathwing players.
And Iron Hands players!

Kanaellars
09-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Actually, having looked at the codex today, I seem to remember (unless I read wrong) that Logan only makes ONE SQUAD of Wolf Guard troops.... so a max of 10.

So no Wolf Terminator armies.... its more like the Ork Warboss making thier Hard Boyz troops.

Reorox
09-10-2009, 02:08 PM
nope, logan makes all wolf guard troops.

Kanaellars
09-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Ok... I must have misread it.

Heh... the book is amazing one way or another.

warpcrafter
09-10-2009, 03:45 PM
So let me get this straight, Wolf Guard terminators can be detached to lead units of non-terminators? Just like you could give chaos space marine aspiring champions who lead non-terminator units back in second edition? Gah!:eek:

Eyespy
09-10-2009, 06:23 PM
So let me get this straight, Wolf Guard terminators can be detached to lead units of non-terminators? Just like you could give chaos space marine aspiring champions who lead non-terminator units back in second edition? Gah!:eek:

Yup, 15 Blood claws plus a Wolf Claw weilding Wolf Guard fit nicley in a LR Crusader too. Thats... thats MANY many attacks on the charge.

Hanuman110
09-10-2009, 07:16 PM
So frackin' excited to get ahold of this codex. :D

Gamerfunk
09-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Nice!!! i think i will have to pick up the terminators for Space hulk then ill have deathwing,bloodangels ad wolfs to chose from....