PDA

View Full Version : A rules question

Gorgar
09-07-2009, 04:30 AM
I may have missed this in the rules but does a Marine have to fight the genestealer in combat or can it shoot?

For example a genestealer moves into contact with a marine and spends it's last AP on one assault. The result is a tie so neither model is removed. But with no AP left the Genestealer can no longer attack.

So during the marine players turn does the Marine have to assualt the genestealer as it's in base contact or can it shoot it's bolter?

I realise that the marine could move backward and shoot, but the situation could occur where there is no room to move back.

Fabricator General
09-07-2009, 06:58 AM
You, as the player using the action points can decide what action your model will take.....so blast away with your storm bolter.

Gotthammer
09-07-2009, 08:11 AM
You can also expend a CP to shoot in the stealer's turn after its attack, as it has performed an action (assault) in the marine's LOS. Assuming he survives and you have CPs of course.

Angelic Despot
09-07-2009, 12:07 PM
You can also expend a CP to shoot in the stealer's turn after its attack, as it has performed an action (assault) in the marine's LOS. Assuming he survives and you have CPs of course.

Or, presumably, spend two cps to move back a space and shoot!

Squee
09-12-2009, 03:28 AM
Or, presumably, spend two cps to move back a space and shoot!
2 points to move back

Angelic Despot
09-12-2009, 08:12 AM
2 points to move back

Yes, 2 points to move back, but you get a free shot with your move.

oni
09-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Yes, it's very important to remember that the Terminators can shoot while making a move action, forwards, backwards or turning 90 degrees. It can save your arse. It's also good to remember that Storm Bolters only jam while in overwatch. I find myself forgetting that one sometimes.

Commander Dante
03-15-2010, 10:46 PM
I may have missed this in the rules but does a Marine have to fight the genestealer in combat or can it shoot?

For example a genestealer moves into contact with a marine and spends it's last AP on one assault. The result is a tie so neither model is removed. But with no AP left the Genestealer can no longer attack.

So during the marine players turn does the Marine have to assualt the genestealer as it's in base contact or can it shoot it's bolter?

I realise that the marine could move backward and shoot, but the situation could occur where there is no room to move back.

You do not have to have any spaces to shoot a 'Stealer. If a Marine has a 'Stealer in his face, he can stand and fire at point blank range, and receive a sustained fire bonus for each successive shot (provided he is standing still and firing at the same target).

It is never desirable to engage a 'Stealer in Close Assault, unless you have something like Lightening Claws or a Force Axe, and are attacking it from the side or rear. Shooting is preferable to letting them get a potential kill any day.

Any move for a Terminator Marine (front, back, 90' turn) is permits a free fire action as well. Remember, this is a great way to clear out doors from a distance.

Hybrids using certain weapons do not get to move & fire.

Toyboy
02-03-2011, 02:41 PM
ok, same scenario as above, but the SM is on overwatch, the GS attacks and there is a draw, is the SM still on overwatch and can get his free shot for the action taken or does he automatically come off overwatch when he defends?

Commander Dante
02-04-2011, 10:58 PM
ok, same scenario as above, but the SM is on overwatch, the GS attacks and there is a draw, is the SM still on overwatch and can get his free shot for the action taken or does he automatically come off overwatch when he defends?

A model in Overwatch who is engaged in Close Assault loses the Overwatch, and does not get the free shot if they survive.