PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Master Tu'shan and Honour Guard

turelhim vampire
09-07-2009, 07:31 AM
This is my take on Chapter Master Tu'shan of the Salamanders, and his honour guard.

I gave him seven honour guard - one to represent each of the sanctuary cities of Nocturne. I am working on a Land Raider Prometheus command tank for them to ride around in, but for the moment they dont have a ride. Each model (except Tu'shan and the banner bearer) has its own fully sculpted Salamander mantle.

Please remember these are still WIP, and I have more work to do on them yet.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/turelhimvampire/Salamanders/Picture722.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/turelhimvampire/Salamanders/Picture724.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/turelhimvampire/Salamanders/Picture725.jpg

And a close up of the latest work done on Tu'shan:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/turelhimvampire/Salamanders/Picture723.jpg

Comments and critique appreciated.

ThePov
09-07-2009, 07:34 AM
VERY nice green-stuff work there. My only comment is that I personally would think Tu'Shan would have a thunderhammer, but if you're counting that sword as a Relic Blade then it's within reason. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see them finished and painted!

Snyderson
09-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Impressive sculpting with the green stuff! Hope you'll post some more of those when they are painted!

turelhim vampire
09-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks you guys, much appreciated.

VERY nice green-stuff work there. My only comment is that I personally would think Tu'Shan would have a thunderhammer, but if you're counting that sword as a Relic Blade then it's within reason. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see them finished and painted!

Pov - Tu'shan is actually quoted in Codex: Space Marines (page 52 - Chapter Master) as having a sword - hence the blade. I know the quote doesn't need to be taken literally but at first I thought hammer too, but I actually like the sword and shield look more. The hand is pinned, so I could - in theory - swap and change it for a hammer as required.

Ejacobs
09-07-2009, 08:15 AM
They really do look great. Fantastic work with green stuff. I have a ways to go to get any of my greenstuff creations to look like that. Well done. Now let's see some WIP painting pics!

E

Lindargo
09-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Nice work. You'll have to tell us how you did all that!

phoenix01
09-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Wow, love the green stuff work. Are those BT Sword Brethren? And who are you using for Tu'Shan?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-07-2009, 09:44 AM
They're very impressive - what did you use to make that banner? One suggestion, the eagles on Tu'Shan's backpack look somewhat out of place amongst all the Salamander iconography, maybe you should switch them for something more lizard-y? I've gotten good results from the chaos vehicle accessory sprue.

emperorsaxe
09-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Very nice lookin' indeed sir. Like everyone else lookin' forward to seeing them with paint.
Respects, Emperorsaxe

Aldramelech
09-07-2009, 10:09 AM
How the hell do you get Green Stuff to do that??????????? I spend most of my time unsticking it from my fingers lol

Impressive, cant wait to see the paintjob.

turelhim vampire
09-07-2009, 11:38 AM
I can try and do a tutorial at some point as to how to do the Salamander mantles, that's no problem at all. :)

For the models, I used... the Black Templars Sword Brethren box set - nicely spotted phoenix 01 - a Dark Angels Company Master, one of the 2007 Space Marine Veterans minis (the one with the plasma pistol and foot on a rock), and Vulkan He'stan for Chapter Master Tu'shan - I already converted my own He'stan when the Codex was released, so I didn't need another, but the model has too much potential to pass up on.

The models are progressing well, I have the basic green done on them all, and am currently working on the cloaks.

Emperorsmercy
09-07-2009, 11:53 AM
they are some excellent models, I once attempted using greens stuff but got it attached to the dog.

Dj Batman
09-08-2009, 01:59 AM
They look amazing man!! I can't wait to see some more of them especially as I have future plans for some salamanders.

great looking conversions and really impressive green stuff work.

splnes
09-08-2009, 02:39 AM
looking good. i too want to see them painted. but good work so far... dont f*#^ em up!

turelhim vampire
09-08-2009, 05:03 AM
looking good. i too want to see them painted. but good work so far... dont f*#^ em up!

Your faith in my painting skills is very much appreciated. :P

I'll hopefully have more done by the weekend.

Dia
09-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Nice work. Have you thought of converting Tu'shan's back so that the eagle heads look like dragons?

PostWarFolk
09-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Nice green stuff work. They look good.

RowRow
09-08-2009, 03:28 PM
I think I'll just keep telling you this whenever I see them Vampy, but they look great!

Slann
09-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Looks good , cant wait to see some paint on them .

vulkan_tu'shaun
01-25-2010, 06:52 AM
Thanks you guys, much appreciated.

Pov - Tu'shan is actually quoted in Codex: Space Marines (page 52 - Chapter Master) as having a sword - hence the blade. I know the quote doesn't need to be taken literally but at first I thought hammer too, but I actually like the sword and shield look more. The hand is pinned, so I could - in theory - swap and change it for a hammer as required.

my version has a thunder hammer and combi storm bolter/flamer. i have been working on rules for him and others in the chapter. i will upload them to here soon.