PDA

View Full Version : Devilfish HELP !!

Cappy
09-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Does anyone have scanned or could scan the Devilfish or Hammerhead assembly book they could share ?
I got one off ebay without instructions and if I mess it up I can't afford another. PLEASE help:(

Morat
09-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Can't let thiis completely sink unanswered.

Don't have the guide unfortunately. Nor did I refer to mine much when I built my couple of Devilfish. Had to do a Landraider without instructions back when they were released. With plastic kits you -know- when something is wrong -90% of the time as they only fit together properly one way.

That said the Devilfish has a couple of things to be careful of:

Make sure you put the seats in the cabin if you intend to have the landing gear down. It's tempting to skip these if you intend to seal up the crew compartment, but they have the attachment slots for the landing gear underneath them.

Only other tricky bit is probably the chin gun. Be careful where you apply the glue on the "cowl" that holds the rotating turret in. It's pretty easy to use too much and glue the turret immobile by mistake.

Usual rules of construction apply. Don't put glue anywhere near it till you are -certain- you're right about it. I'd recommend cutting out all of the components and use a picture off the net to arrange them into an "exploded view" of where you think they should go. Then dry fit them, possibly use a bit of blu-tack here and there, try and get as much of it together with blu-tack as you can (it'll be falling apart like a clown car no doubt).

Once you're sure you've covered all the bases then do the glueing, and try to do it all in one sitting. This has the added benefit that as you're not losing time cleaning up components (as that's already done) if you -do- make a mistake, you can usually break apart most of the kit as the glue isn't rock solid yet.

Hope that helps and good luck!