PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading my 1500 SM with vindicator?

GreenMarines
09-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Here is an army am currently playing. I think of buying one or two vindicator and like to hear what you think.

My current list: 1500points

HQ:
Librarian

Troops:
Tac Squad 1
powerfist, combi-plasma, plasma gun, ML, razorback (heavy bolters)

Tac Squad 2

Tac Squad 3
powerfist, combi-flamer, flamer, rhino

Elite:
5x Termis TH/SS

FAST ATTACK:
Land Speeder ML, Heavy Bolter

Heayv:
Land Raider

Predator tl Lascanon

To buy 2 vindicator (then it will be 1750 or I drop Tac Squad 2 and will stay at 1500)

Plan is to bring the tact squads on one flank to the enemy, the termi stay in the LR and operate as counter-attack- or first attack-unit again CC-units.
Three tl Lascanons and 4 ML have been enough in the past cause at my local store we have few mech-heavy lists so I don’t need all this melta-power.

What do you think of this list in general and the idea to add two vindicator? Like to hear your opinions.

Alvena
09-07-2009, 09:04 AM
if you just drop one tactical squad and add 2 Vindic you will have 4 Heavy support choice, and it can be a little pb ^^
If you only take one it will be a fire magnet and dont excpect him to survive a lot.
If you remove your pred you might feel a little short on AT, and you will have to use your Vindies for AT...
If you remove your Land raider your TH/SS termi will feel a little be alone, you don't know how much they love to chit-chat this the machine spirit ;)

well juste my 2 pence.

phoenix01
09-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Actually, just one would draw as much fire as either of his other two HS choices. And the Land Raider is being used as a Dedicated Transport for his Terminators, so the two Vindictaors might squeak by as HS choices two and three, depending on who you play.

Hades Alpha
09-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Vindicators are great but:
Any glancing hit will make them useless for the next turn.
What do you think will be destroyed first with "weapon destroy" result?
Immobilised Vindicator are basically out of the game.
They get a lot of attention (fire magnet).

So if you play first, you can do great damage. But it won't last long.
I would rather field predators than vindicators. They usually get less attention and "weapon destroy" results don't hurt them as much. Also their point cost is lower.

This is only my opinion. As anybody, I might be wrong.

Alvena
09-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Actually, just one would draw as much fire as either of his other two HS choices. And the Land Raider is being used as a Dedicated Transport for his Terminators, so the two Vindictaors might squeak by as HS choices two and three, depending on who you play.

Right, i forgot about the dedicated transport.

i still think that one Vindic will recevied more firepower than a pred, and less than two beacuse it means you opponnet has to focus heavily on that part of your list.

DarkLink
09-09-2009, 04:29 PM
If you do take two vindicators, then your opponent will be facing a predator, two vindicators and a land raider full of terminators. Their anti-tank probably won't be able to handle it all. If they are a long range shooty army, then they will probably want to stay away from the terminators in CC and exhaust all their shooting on the Land Raider. If they are close ranged (aka melta), then you can sit at the edge of your vindicator's range and blast away. If they try to get close to take them out, you can counter assault with your terminators.

I would go with at least one vindicator, and I would say that a second would serve you well too.

Timbo
09-10-2009, 01:03 AM
If you need to save some points I would recommend dropping the 3 powerfists from your tac squads. Will they ever want to assault anything? I assume two of the powerfist squads are only 5-man riding in the razorbacks. 75 points is almost another predator. If you're assaulting a vehicle melta-bombs are just as good for 5 points.

mercer
09-10-2009, 04:58 AM
Here is an army am currently playing. I think of buying one or two vindicator and like to hear what you think.

My current list: 1500points

HQ:
Librarian

Troops:
Tac Squad 1

Tac Squad 2

Tac Squad 3
powerfist, combi-flamer, flamer, rhino

Elite:
5x Termis TH/SS

FAST ATTACK:
Land Speeder ML, Heavy Bolter

Heayv:
Land Raider

Predator tl Lascanon

To buy 2 vindicator (then it will be 1750 or I drop Tac Squad 2 and will stay at 1500)

Plan is to bring the tact squads on one flank to the enemy, the termi stay in the LR and operate as counter-attack- or first attack-unit again CC-units.
Three tl Lascanons and 4 ML have been enough in the past cause at my local store we have few mech-heavy lists so I don’t need all this melta-power.

What do you think of this list in general and the idea to add two vindicator? Like to hear your opinions.

What powers is your librarian taking?

Your 3rd tactical squad is missing the free heavy weapon. I would give even if it sees limited use, could come in handy ;)

Your problem in this list is anti tank, you've taken a lot of plasma three missile launchers and lascannons, you need some melta in there. Don't get me wrong all are good weapons, but melta is the ultimate anti tank weapon, krak rockets can only do so much ;) Add a multimelta to the speeder along with a heavy flamer, get two speeders like this and you have a good suicide speeder unit which can deep strike - can bust armour and then burn infantry once out - for the points and the tanks they wreck they will earn the points back.

I would drop the predator and get two vindicators - dual threat and one vindicator isn't taking all the punishment.