09-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Video for:

http://www.fantasard.com
(Scatter Dice pages)

VIDEO LINK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5QPu0WtDLM

elmir
09-03-2011, 01:21 AM
Not a bad video... but I was wondering about your primer layer first. Is it a grey primer or didn't you use a primer at all? You really should tbh, it'll make the paintjob more durable and it'll reduce the amount of coats you need for a good basecoat. :)

Edit: really good vid quality and sound quality too. Good use of moving and still images to create something that's very pleasing to watch.

fantasard
09-03-2011, 02:00 AM
Thanks, elmir! I didn't do a primer layer at all...I just went for the Morrow White, Frostbite, and Thalmar Black straight onto the resin. The Frostbite only needed two layers...but the white much more. As I say it's an experiment...as to your comments as to video quality, it's great to have feedback!
;)

fuzzbuket
09-03-2011, 02:03 AM
i think your getting a tad confused, in this vid it seems that you are basecoating, not undercoating. undercoating is normaly done with primer, usualy black (to keep the colours darker) white (to keep the colours vibrant) or grey. it is done with primer as primer is more than paint and will help seal and protect your minis as well as provide a better surface for paint to cover (try painting on a mini that has not been primed it is much harder)

interesting idea. however primer is essential, as it looks like your white is going on too thin, but if it were thicker the features would get clogged up.

-fuzz

p.s. its plastic not resin

fantasard
09-03-2011, 02:34 AM
cheers fuzzbucket!

Yeah...you are correct. Having painted for years it's odd when you come to do vids for the first time how wrong you can get it! (Especially me)...doing the audio always seems ok at the time...and only after posting do you notice the problems!

I am of course basecoating, and the thin washes (with the white) were an issue - hence the 10 or so layers.

Thanks for the advice!
;)

fantasard
09-03-2011, 03:07 AM
Hi there

For some reason the video editor for You Tube is not working...so I am deleting the video, re-editing and then re-loading...the link address will be amended asap

Thanks!

fantasard
09-03-2011, 04:34 AM
all done...

;/